Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today after school, I stopped by to look at a cadillac seville STS...... Its burgundy (about my color, except redder), and it has a spoiler, but it has ugly arse pimp rims and the tires are cracked!!! Plus they're only S or T rated, cant recall......

Anyway, Im gonna go back tomorrow for a test drive...... Its got 55k and they want 8000 for it..... Sounds like a pretty good deal.....

But I was really impressed by the sound of the engine.... I just quickly started it up, and its got a great sound..... The Q is silent with just some engine noise, but this has a really nice (american) growl coming from the back......

·
Registered
247 Posts
elwesso said:
Well, today after school, I stopped by to look at a cadillac seville STS...... Its burgundy (about my color, except redder), and it has a spoiler, but it has ugly arse pimp rims and the tires are cracked!!! Plus they're only S or T rated, cant recall......

Anyway, Im gonna go back tomorrow for a test drive...... Its got 55k and they want 8000 for it..... Sounds like a pretty good deal.....

But I was really impressed by the sound of the engine.... I just quickly started it up, and its got a great sound..... The Q is silent with just some engine noise, but this has a really nice (american) growl coming from the back......

what year? and i have a STS also... sounds great........

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah.... Its a 94.....

It also has a tan top.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wes, the STS sounds nice but, if by "tan" top you mean it has a carriage or cloth top, I would pass on it. A friend of mine had a Caddy like this and it had a stain on the top! She and her husband had no idea how it got there. When they traded it in they saw it a few weeks later at a mall and was surprised to see the stain still there. It was a large stained spot. Even though the dealer said they would remove the stain! They couldn't!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im probably not gonna get it...... Simply stated I have 2 reasons, otherwise I would....

1. I have spent too much money on the Q, and its only about halfway to perfect..... I cant sell it now and get what I want for it......

2. I dont have enough extra money to cover the distance......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would stay with your Q.

The longer you keep your Q the longer you can save. Then you can acually go out and get something you can want. My first 3 cars were all under $1000. I saved up for awhile to get my eldo. And now that i acually have a good paying job i can go out and afford another car im passing for the time being. The jump from vehicles from 1000 to 4000 was huge for me.

So basically with out rambling much more take your time looking for your car save as much as possible do research on what models/years you will take and ones you won't. I have my list started for now.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well see, there's this part of me that knows this car isnt gonna die (or at least without a fight :D ), so I wanna hang on to it..... By the time I CAN afford it, the Q will be so depreciated that Ill have to keep it!!!

Not to mention, Id say overall its gonna be more reliable than the caddy..... All of the stuff so far has been preventative maintenace, and I only have a few things that are actually broken that need to be fixed.......

By then, I can get a 02 Q with heated/cooled seats....... GOLDEN!!!!!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
$8K sounds a little high for a 10-year-old car, low miles or not. You could get a Fleetwood in that shape for $7500.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is high, and I would only go a straight up trade for the Q AFTER he got new rims and tire!!! its not in that great condition.... Id say its $6000 worth.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
elwesso