Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay. It didn't happen. I could have driven it off the lot for $6k, but.. It had an exhaust leak. It sound like it was coming from underneath the middle of the car somewhere. The power antenna didn't work - it was stuck up.. Some of the moldings were bearly holding on. There was a pretty decent sized dent on the passenger back on the bottom where the chrome is.. There was a pretty big, deep scratch about a foot long on the passenger side front fender..

The interior was really nice.. The car is really damn comfortable. It was my first ride in one of these things. It was plenty powerful. VERY hard to control - I might add, though. If I ever need to "get away" or catch somebody, it wouldn't happen... But very, very nice... The interior was practically perfect..

Anyway. The battery was dead when I got there. It was pretty dirty.. I would have taken it for $5k but that's about it. I think I can do better for $6k. Maybe in a week or so I'll be able to come up with $7k...

· ...Reloaded
'05 XLR
2,090 Posts
Googlism for: Fleetwood Brougham

fleetwood brougham is the longest postwar cadillac ever built
fleetwood brougham is basically an upmarket version of the sedan deville and is identical to it in exterior and interior dimensions
fleetwood brougham is a full
fleetwood brougham is the perfect tow vehicle
fleetwood brougham is exactly what it is supposed to be
fleetwood brougham is my fondest dream and worst nightmare all rolling down the road in one 6
fleetwood brougham is one of my dream cars
fleetwood brougham is the top of the line cadillac this means they are the equivalent to a statesman caprice or a ford ltd

· Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,575 Posts

· Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
432 Posts
Bummer... :(

AT least you have the restraint to make a good decision though! :D

You'll find the right one. Just keep looking....

Also, FYI, the clips for the ss trim aren't all that epensive from the dealer. Only a couple bucks a piece. (ask me how I know ;) )

· Registered
'05 Expedition
7,702 Posts
I'm not even sure $5K would have been a fair price based on what you said. You did the right thing moving on. Just like with women, you have to be patient until the right one comes along.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.