Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Sedan Deville
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so when I bought my 1979 deville, I noticed on the drivers side, some of the mounting points from the dash to the cowl were broken, and it hung off a bit, but I wiggled it and it was pretty solid. Then a few years ago some jerk stole my radio and hella busted that whole part of the dash. In taking other parts off I've noticed other mounting points for various components that are also broken. Is it better to just try to glue new mounting points on for some of these things, or should I just try to get a new dashboard, because it seems like it's just going to keep on breaking. If I was going to get a new dash, where would I find it? I want brand new fresh out of the mold too, no pick and pull trash.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Check with Just Dashes. They sell more than dashes, but expect to pay top dollar! Unless you really cherish the car, go with the "pick and pull trash"!

·
Registered
1979 Sedan Deville
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I doubt the "pick and pull trash" is going to be any better than what I have since the part was only used from 77-80. The 81 and newer cars dashes look exactly the same, but they're a different part number, so they may have things mounting in different places and probably won't fit quite right.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
I doubt you can find much better, but you never know! There's a term called "junkyard jewel". I've seen some sweet looking interiors on some junkyard cars! I'd also check out eBay, I've seen dashes on there before. And if it's not the color you want, you can get them dyed.
Any pics of your '79?

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
As dashes go, yours is easy to replace. Check the boneyards. You might just find exactly what you want in good shape. I have bought and sold dashes on Ebay. Last one was an old BMW dash that was in the way and I didn't have the heart to trash it. Some guy on the waste coast bought it and arranged shipping through United Pot Smokers.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan Deville
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno, there's so much other stuff I've started thinking I would do if I had the dash out, I'm just gonna throw something together with gorilla glue and hope it holds for a few years while I collect all the parts to do it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts