Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
I saw that, too, but I think one would need to ditch the cats to really hear it at all....
I wonder how many car alarms that would trip driving through a parking lot?
-ace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,101 Posts
Let me ask a stupid question...

Is that exhuast specifically for racing or something? Seems like it would be too loud for a daily driver. I would think the police would fine you for having something that loud.

Why would you not want mufflers? Does doing without them give you more power?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
Search for a video of Dado's drifting V. His exhaust is very similar to this; straight pipes. Sounds incredible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Joey'sVee said:
Let me ask a stupid question...

Is that exhuast specifically for racing or something? Seems like it would be too loud for a daily driver. I would think the police would fine you for having something that loud.

Why would you not want mufflers? Does doing without them give you more power?

Thanks!
Sound levels are typically a little more raspy and louder (NYS state was 95dB for exhaust). Not sure if the cops in your area are THAT picky. FL cops don't care too much about exhaust unless it's one a Civic or CRX of sorts. Mufflers typically create a little exhaust resistance, which hinders flow so in theory a system like this which has more flow will create more top end power and midrange with the cost of some off the line TQ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
LV_V said:
Search for a video of Dado's drifting V. His exhaust is very similar to this; straight pipes. Sounds incredible!
If someone would find the link, I would like to hear it. :stirpot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
ace996 said:
I saw that, too, but I think one would need to ditch the cats to really hear it at all....
I wonder how many car alarms that would trip driving through a parking lot?
-ace
I have almost that exact setup on my Vette. 1-7/8" headers w/3" collectors -> 3" pipes -> X-pipe -> resonators -> straight through 3" mufflers.
Lets just say that for normal use it is unpleasant at best. Part throttle acceleration is a WOLE LOT OF NOISE as is OD @ 1500rpm (ie 40mph around town). Yes, you VERY EASILY set off car alarms.
On the plus side, when you get on it or are really driving, sweet sweet music to your ears and it sounds even better behind the car.:cloud9:
As a side bonus you have a weapon against cell phone users. There was a guy weaving down the road two weeks ago and once along side I see... on the phone. We get to the next light and he's still on the phone. Throw the car in neutral, hike the idle up to 3500 and hold. He hangs up the phone and gives me the finger. :histeric:
-Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
-uplink- said:
I have almost that exact setup on my Vette. 1-7/8" headers w/3" collectors -> 3" pipes -> X-pipe -> resonators -> straight through 3" mufflers.
Lets just say that for normal use it is unpleasant at best. Part throttle acceleration is a WOLE LOT OF NOISE as is OD @ 1500rpm (ie 40mph around town). Yes, you VERY EASILY set off car alarms.
On the plus side, when you get on it or are really driving, sweet sweet music to your ears and it sounds even better behind the car.:cloud9:
As a side bonus you have a weapon against cell phone users. There was a guy weaving down the road two weeks ago and once along side I see... on the phone. We get to the next light and he's still on the phone. Throw the car in neutral, hike the idle up to 3500 and hold. He hangs up the phone and gives me the finger. :histeric:
-Mike
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Priceless!!!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top