Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,547 Posts
I know you disagree as you posted it above. Everyone has their opinions, just giving mine. For the review, you are probably right that it isn't slander, the harm is it made them less likely to want to work this out with you. Same reason I don't bring up my arguments with my wife in front of our friends even if all my facts are correct.

Not following the "the distraction caused the 2-3 weeks", you could have looked at the car at anytime. When you picked up the car at some point they left you alone and you forgot to check out the car and didn't do it for 2-3 more weeks, a simple mistake, I just think it is difficult to expect get what you want now.

I work for a company that manufactures heavy equipment. When it is shipped to you if you notice and report damage immediately we pay for it, each day you wait to report damage the chances of us paying for it go down.

I have also used paintless dent removal and highly recommend taking it to someone, they can tell you how it is likely to come out before they start and it is very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not following the "the distraction caused the 2-3 weeks", you could have looked at the car at anytime. When you picked up the car at some point they left you alone and you forgot to check out the car and didn't do it for 2-3 more weeks, a simple mistake, I just think it is difficult to expect get what you want now.
Yes, I should have realized what they were doing, and rechecked it outside. However I forgot, I was looking at the AC issue they caused on the way home (another distraction). I called the service manager about that one immediately. I'm obviously never going there again.

Again, I said I'm upset that I fell for the scam distraction technique. I don't usually use the dealership, except I had to in this case for the warranty work. But i'm not going to beat myself up on it since they were actively trying to screw me. I'll use it as a learning experience.

Also, 1500 canadian is 1120 usd, and things are more expensive up here. Its only gotten worse since the pandemic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would start over. Remove your review. Call them and tell them "I'm sorry if this has a become a bad situation so let's start over. "I like your dealership and have used you many times--blah blah blah, whatever the truth is-- and would like to keep using you in the future. I have removed my not so nice review as I was very upset.
I am very meticulous about my car as you know some people are and I certainly know I didn't damage it myself and it didn't happen on my watch. It happened on yours when it was in there for service.
I fully believe that a couple of people there are away it happened and I'm not trying or needing to place blame on them...I just need my car back to the same undamaged condition it was when I dropped it off.

If you can find a way to get this solved then I will repost my review as a completely positive one and explain that even with a little hiccup, the dealership quickly solved the problem and went the extra mile to give me a great experience."

More bees with honey!!
Give them a chance and be nice FIRST.
Then if they don't work it out....slam them on every platform you can find....Even superpages and yellow pages.com have reviews, yelp (even though I hate yelp), bing, google, yahoo, facebook, craigslist Rants and Raves....EVERYHERE.
Also consider a consultation with an attorney. If you don't sue them at least get a letter sent that "so and so law firm has been retained in the matter of damage to MR. -you- vehicle from -date of service-.

A little letter can sometimes do amazing things.

All it know is it would get fixed by them- who am I kidding? I would lose the love fort the vehicle and sell it and get another after any damage---I have issues. BUT they would fix it or they would lose far more than the cost of repair or MY cost to repair. I would make DAMN sure of that because I AM that kind of person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
would start over. Remove your review. Call them and tell them "I'm sorry if this has a become a bad situation so let's start over. "I like your dealership and have used you many times--blah blah blah, whatever the truth is-- and would like to keep using you in the future. I have removed my not so nice review as I was very upset.
I'm going to leave the review up. I'll change it to a 4 star with if they fix the car with an update that they corrected the problem. If they don't want someone calling them out for the distraction during a walk *around, then don't distract people who are doing a walk around. I had finished with the service agent, it made no sense for him to suddenly run up to me asking "how do you keep your car in good condition?" Really? Well I don't ram green carts into to like a idiot....

I believe in always sharing info, I would hate another person getting screwed like that. I hope anyone who reads my review and brings their car there take pictures before and after.

Edit; rewrote for grammar

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,547 Posts
Give them a chance and be nice FIRST.
Then if they don't work it out....slam them on every platform you can find....Even superpages and yellow pages.com have reviews, yelp (even though I hate yelp), bing, google, yahoo, facebook, craigslist Rants and Raves....EVERYHERE.
Also consider a consultation with an attorney. If you don't sue them at least get a letter sent that "so and so law firm has been retained in the matter of damage to MR. -you- vehicle from -date of service-.

A little letter can sometimes do amazing things.
Exactly why I will read the reviews but try to remember there are two sides to every story and I am only hearing one (then this poster will likely post all the facts but many leave out key points). I honestly believe there is a pretty good chance someone at the dealership damaged his car and he is welcome to post his experience everywhere. With negative reviews people are far more likely to write a bad review when they are angry than a positive review when things go as expected. I would also decide before I made these posts if I ever plan to go back there again. There was another poster here who was told not to come back and was upset about it.

As for the dealership I think there is also a pretty good chance that management isn't sure one way or the other and it's a reminder to check the car before you leave.

With the lawyer idea I would love to hear the discussion and read the letter. For what they charge, the $1100 U.S. damage and the chances of this resolving the problem, I wouldn't waste my time and money.

·
Registered
2005 STS 4.6L V8
16 Posts
I suspect the dealership damaged my car or was damaged when in their lot overnight - scratch/small dent in lower part of rear passenger side door into the front door (green paint transfer). Difficult to see if you're not looking for it.

Took it in for warranty work, left it there for a day. When I got it back, I went to do a walk around of the vehicle. Just before I got to the location of it, the service agent distracted me with a pointless question. I didn't continue my inspection, I'm upset with myself on that part. I'm uncertain if I would even notice it since it was so low on the door.

2-3 weeks later I was hand washing my car. When drying I noticed the scratch/dent. I keep this car in a garage against a wall. No way it happened there. I only maybe drove 100 km in those 2-3 weeks to visit family. I can only suspect it happened at the dealership. The service manager, of course, wouldn't admit anything, saying 2-3 weeks is too long to report it. Lol, why should that matter? That doesn't prove they didn't do it, only that it went unnoticed for that amount of time.

I then posted an online review on google and facebook. Pretty much exactly what I wrote above. The general manager calls me up the next day saying I'm slandering them (lol okay), and they are family business that don't distract people from damage done to a car (except thats exactly what they did to me). I told him I wrote the word "suspect" so its not slander, and why run up to a guy to ask them a question "How do you keep your car in such good shape" when hes doing a walk around about to see damage. The sales manager called me a day before and wants to resolve the issue by repairing the car, but I haven't heard back from him. After talking to the general and service manager they don't seem to be on the same page as the sales manager. I don't want to leave the car with them now.

It looks like a cart hit it, but not a shopping cart, as its so low on the door. I found a typical shopping cart used in the city the basket doesn't line up at all. And I never went grocery shopping with the car this year.

Anyways, its looks like i can't go after them in court since I have no proof. The quote at a good body shop to do a proper repair, pull dent repaint both doors is 1500 CAD. I guess I need to eat the amount. I'm really upset. Any other suggestions? What do you guys think?
I had several experiences 10 years ago at a dealership in Santa Clara CALIFORNIA. My STS was under warranty and every time I brought it in for service I would receive the car with some kind of damage e.g. scratch on bumper, hole in driver seat, side mirrors contaminated with some kind of chemical, and other annoying crap like that.

I complained to the service manager every single time and included the sales manager as well. They repaired the hole in the seat, mechanic obviously sat in the driver seat with a screwdriver in his back pocket. They buffed out my mirrors, which at the time, I didn’t know they removed the clear coat to resolve the contamination problem. The scratch did not get fixed.

This is what I know as since then I spoke to my friend who owned and ran different dealerships, once you piss them off, do not take your car back to them. They are notorious for administering paybacks. Get them to fix the current damage. I whined like a cat in heat to get mine fixed and then after I went to another dealership for service until my warranty was up.

Sounds like you already made enemies so be alert and be wary and find another dealership. Good luck!

·
2018 Escalade
2018 Escalade 4WD
44 Posts
For anyone reading, when I have to take my escalade for some sort of warranty service I tell the service person. " I want you to go look all around my truck and take notice that there is absolutely nothing wrong, it is freshly cleaned, there is not a blemish or swirl mark anywhere and I DO NOT WANT YOU PUTTING IT THROUGH YOUR CAR WASH" Please put a note on the ticket and on the truck windshield. I walk around with her and then we go in and do the ticket. I also have a rear camera that records all the time so I can see when I pick it up if they lie to me. Last time she made a comment that I don't appear to trust them, I flat out told her I don't after they busted my windshield with a tool. They had to replace it twice. When I pick it up I check it thoroughly too, because once you leave you won't get anywhere. It's unfortunate but you have to be like that, they will try to wiggle out of it if they can and after that much time I don't think you have a good case. Cnotes2fly is absolutely right. There will be revenge if you complaint and make them look bad. At that point you do need to go to another dealership for service. Same thing happens when you are buying, if you piss the sales guys off because you know too much and you wont let them screw you, it's time to buy elsewhere. That's how I ended up with an Escalade instead of a Denali 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
241 Posts
Mystery dents are part of the ownership experience. What car never gets a dent in it's lifetime? Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, but it is possible that dent was not done while it was being serviced. It could have been a rock getting kicked up. Or a kid with a skate board. If I were you, if the dealer didn't immediately offer to fix it, I'd just get over it. Since it is down low it is probably not even noticeable to anyone other than you. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mystery dents are part of the ownership experience. What car never gets a dent in it's lifetime? Not trying to be the devil's advocate here, but it is possible that dent was not done while it was being serviced. It could have been a rock getting kicked up. Or a kid with a skate board. If I were you, if the dealer didn't immediately offer to fix it, I'd just get over it. Since it is down low it is probably not even noticeable to anyone other than you. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff right?
Its definitely looks like someone rammed a green cart into it. Not a shopping cart, some other type as its really low. The impact is on the rear door (dented down to metal) then into front door where its only scratched.

Here is a pic, I just brought it to the body shop for a quote, it was raining so the car was a little dirty, but I wiped where the scratch/dent is. This is the only damage on the car right now, I keep it in excellent condition, no winter driving, parked in a garage.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,028 Posts
From here it looks like worth exploring an experienced PDR guy for the actual dent, and then just a touchup brush. And more PDR and buffing for the rest? Not looking like no $1,500 though.

For a result dam near identical to that, I once got pissed and yanked on an extension cord and dragged a jackstand into the quarter on my vette. Then I was pissed x1,000.

Cliffs: Never pays getting pissed at inanimate objects.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most of that will come out with paint correction. Any dent can be taken out by painless removal.
The left part looks like scratch and wont be perfect and unnoticeable without paintwork but a touch up wet sand and buff could make it really hard to find.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
911 Posts
Unfortunately, with cosmetic damage, if you didn't see it happen or if it was not recorded on a camera, you will have a real hard time pinning the fault on anyone. Yes, you can be out the deductible, but a small claim like $1,500, should easily be covered by a comprehensive insurance coverage without affecting future premiums. I hope your insurance company would take care of that. Since the car was not in an accident, it is technically not covered through the collision insurance portion.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts