Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville 85,000
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the Drivers Side Vent door Actuator 1999 Cadillac Deville, I can put the arm on but when I push the arm to the left and try to put it on the Actuator it falls off then I have to start the process over of pulling the inside door closer so I can put it in the hole of the air.
Really hard to see. even with an inspection mirror and flashlight and then trying to put it on. Is there a clip that's supposed to be on the end like is on the actuator?

·
Registered
1999 Deville 85,000
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have search for hours on different clip and fastener retailers and non references vent door rod clips only door rod clips and bushings.
Anyone that took the vent door casing apart know what type of clip it is?
It looks like the casing is a Big job to take apart in order to see if maybe the clip is in the casing on the floor of it.

·
Registered
1999 Deville 85,000
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no one ever done this? I opened the casing and see the arm and the heater core. reached in where I could not clip found got door clips from auto zone to see if that will work. lost 2 clips
popped out of my hand and got lost in the abyss of vent casing and could not get or see where they went. closed it back up. put the computer in right corner back into its holder.
I'm ready now to take it to a shop and pay someone to do it since my fat fingers and back could not do it anymore and I have no clue what type of clip holds it on. (bad back day).
Please if anyone knows what type of clip and where to get them please let me know.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,293 Posts
no one ever done this? I opened the casing and see the arm and the heater core. reached in where I could not clip found got door clips from auto zone to see if that will work. lost 2 clips
popped out of my hand and got lost in the abyss of vent casing and could not get or see where they went. closed it back up. put the computer in right corner back into its holder.
I'm ready now to take it to a shop and pay someone to do it since my fat fingers and back could not do it anymore and I have no clue what type of clip holds it on. (bad back day).
Please if anyone knows what type of clip and where to get them please let me know.
============================
try this site -
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=824808&ukey_make=1085&ukey_model=15742&modelYear=1999&ukey_category=22480&ukey_trimLevel=26031

·
Registered
1999 Deville 85,000
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts