Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well,

I don't post that much anymore but figured I would post today. Car turned 25,000 this morning coming to work. It seems lately that all I read is people who hate the typical problems with the V and thoughts of selling. I also have some of the typical gripes like a noisy rear end and squeeky bushings. But, even with that, I really like my car. I think a lot of people need to understand that this car was built to be a performance sedan and not a true sports car. If we all had aluminum flywheels, single pressure plate clutches, one piece driveshafts and solid mount differentials we would all be complaining about driveline noise worse than what we have now. Wheel hop, don't even get me started. I had solid axle cars that hopped worse than my V does. I am one of the very few who plan on keeping my car for a long time and patiently wait for some of the fixes that we be available in the future. About 15,000 more miles and she will be retired to the garage for another Lexus or Infinity sedan. I will miss her during my daily driving excursions when I just need that slight rush of speed or the almost weekly compliment at the gas station of "nice car" or "is that a Cadillac??". Saturday's won't come soon enough I fear. Of course after 10 miles I'll be saying, "Damn my rear end sure is noisy today":alchi:

Shane

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
45K+ miles and Im still tickled as well. Shes taking a winter nap, but plans for a new more muscular motor has me even more pumped. I too hate the squeaks, rattles, etc., but the V by far has been the best car Ive ever owned.

F

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Whenever your car annoys the heck outta you and you hate it! Remember, there are lots of people like me who are JEALOUS of your V! :)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Its nice to see a post like this. I agree that there are way too many negative things out there, so I just don't comment. I'm breaking 22,000 tonight on my way home and completely agree that this car is awesome. Everytime I drive it in one way shape or form the good far out weighs the bad. Everycar has little annoyances and in thinking about it, I may not of noticed, or known what to look, listen or feel form. So thank you to the forum and the faq. Just a little tap on the gas is all it takes for me to break into a smile.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
I passed 25,000 miles last month and I still love this car. We've all bitched about some things, but it's still a very exciting car. I still look forward to driving it and it is my daily driver.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am glad to see all the positive posts for a change. We own one of the best made production models in the world guys and Feline too!! With 5 or 10 grand worth of mods we have a screaming machine that's the envy of everyone who appreciates a platform that can be a daily driver. I for one LOVE this car ! She makes me smile and I have not had this much fun since I owned a 1967 vette about 35 years ago. I'm "V" less this week while "DTE" puts on my Kooks headers,UUC shifter, ring and pinion support, not to mention a good tune; and I really miss driving my car. I've got to drive the mini-van to the office everyday and that's no fun!! So smile everyone and realize every car is going to have it's share of problems. All you can do is try to make it a better screamin' machine and "Beat the Cubes Daily!!" :burn:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
The thing I love most about this car is pulling up to guys at lights that have been hot-roddin' in front of me in their brand new M45's, IS350/GS430's, or BMW 3xx/5xx cars and seeing them switch to very conservative 'oh, i don't wanna race' modes when they notice the 'V' badge.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I love my V and all its foibles. I'm creeping up on 30,000 miles. 10,000 was just from the month of August, 2004. Sometime late in 2006, it will be paid off and become my toy. Then it will truly be a summer only car. It will stay in my posession for a long time.

Maybe a Trailblazer SS will be towing the V to events starting in 2007.

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
25,000 miles here,15,000 of them maggied.Still love the car,looks new inside and out.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Just passed 20,000 and loving everyday with the V. I don't need a reason to go drive but I make up excuses anyway which shows how much I enjoy the V Experience. Had a CTS and drove a DTS-Thanks goodness I have a V. So, I don't complain much about any shortcomings, as long as the warranty pays and I have an excellent service department, I don't spend too much time bitching. I'd rather lose some driving time than money anyday. So here's to 2006:cloud9:

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
I like the V cause when I drive it, I feel like I am king of the road! I don't think there is another sedan on the road today with 395Lb-Ft, am I wrong?

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V
289 Posts
Closing in on 17,000 and loving every mile. The V is more fun than my '70 vette was and 100 more horses. :yup:

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
arr0gant said:
I like the V cause when I drive it, I feel like I am king of the road! I don't think there is another sedan on the road today with 395Lb-Ft, am I wrong?
Yeah, wrong. Try 516 for the E55.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
87 Posts
I've only got 5K miles on mine - had it for 7 months now. Seriously thinking about taking another job further away from home so I can drive more!!!

I love this car.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Just over 27,000 miles. I miss her already.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wait a second...

Is this the CTS-V board that I've come to know and love? Where are the complaints? Where are the threads asking how much it is worth to sell?

I must be lost...

Then again, I passed, ummm, 250 miles on it last night... :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts