Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, we replaced my Wife's 1999 V6 Passat with a top of the line 2004 V6 Passat - fully loaded. Being she works for the company we purchased the car from, we got an amazing deal. Her montly payment didn't change any, and she was driving a brand new vehicle. As time went on, she realized it wasn't really the best car for her. The inside is kinda cramped, and the suspension - while fun - was too harsh for most typical situations. She doesn't autocross and do much hard turning or whatever.. So, we strolled into the "Lexus of Palm Beach" dealership yesterday morning and left with a 2001 RX300.. Again, she works for the company and got an amazing deal. Even though the Passat was brand new with 7800 miles, this was an upgrade - atleast for us it was. A Cadillac SRX was too far out of our budget, otherwise, that would have been our first choice.. Still, we're really loving this small Lexus SUV. Even though it's used, it looks, feels and drives brand new.. It's surprisingly soft over bumps, yet handles competently. It's very quiet and comfortable inside.. So there goes another German to Japanese conversion. With a little luck, we'll have a Japanese to Cadillac conversion in the near future. In the end, however, it's up to my Wife. It's what she drives and I respect her decision either way...

Some crappy cell phone pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
ahh yes , the RX series is well loved for a reason sal ....good choice...

if you look close enough your DTS has activated its ride controll in a effort to get away from that gastly Japanese car ...

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more crappy cell phone pictures.. This time of the interior...

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Congrats, I got your IM this morning but I was well... you were right :D

The RX is a very nice vehicle for what it is. I considered them a couple of times but they are just to small for me. Other than that they have all the features you could possibly want.

Is this one AWD? Does it have Xenon lights or the upgrades like Navigation or Audio system?

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
Congrats, I got your IM this morning but I was well... you were right :D

The RX is a very nice vehicle for what it is. I considered them a couple of times but they are just to small for me. Other than that they have all the features you could possibly want.

Is this one AWD? Does it have Xenon lights or the upgrades like Navigation or Audio system?
yah does it have that mark levinson or whatever sound system ? how does it comapre to the caddy ?

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has a "premium" sound system. Whatever that means.. That doesn't sound good to me.. BUT - it really does sound EXCELLENT. VERY excellent.. The Passat had an excellent system as well.. No upgrade needed...

No xenon.. No navigation.. FWD.. Remember. The only reason I have these cars is because my Wife works at a dealership. Beggers can't be choosy. :p

·
Registered
None :(
2,703 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I'm anxious to drive an SRX now.. I wonder how it compares.. I'm not really into the trucks, to be honest.. I'm just curious..
Ride is pretty "sporty" aka stiff for it being on the sigma car platform . Stiffer than the RX thats for sure (been in both). Really liked the RX.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, as I've mentioned before. I'm really into the softer rides.. Even my DTS isn't harsh to me.. But that's about as harsh I want to go with a luxury car.. I'm really hoping the new DTS wont have a harsh ride...

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
They are nice cars and ride smooth, mainly because theyare built on the Camry floor pan. Much like the Saturn VUE and several others out there, they are cars disquised as suv's. Basically making them awd station wagons with a little sport appeal. I'm not saying that's bad or good, just a bright idea on the part of car companies to get more mileage from a platform.;)

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Hmm well... It's probably the least hideous Japanese luxury SUV out there so good choice as far as that goes.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Congrats! I've always liked these cars (ESP the AWD versions).

The interior layout and spaciousness almost made me buy one.....but the exterior didnt quite do it for me.

My wife loved it though!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts