Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank all of you who were nice enough to help me decide on the CTS.What a great car. I really believe as many of you do that GM really outdid itself with this vehicle.

I ordered a silver exterior black interior AWD 300hp V6 automatic and the sports suspension 18 inch wheel package.

I'm very pleased with the dealership I chose. It wasn't the least expensive but the purchasing experience was so nice that if I didn't save my last nickel I don't care.

I wanted to make this a nice experience for myself and my wife and so we chose a dealership about 10 minutes away from our home. It was a new dealership that purchased the dealership I had been doing business with over the past ten years. The new dealership is Grand Prize Cadillac in Nanuet NY.

I met the owner, I met with the gentleman who orders the car. Everyone was so polite and we had none of this back and forth nonsense. I told them what I thought was fair and they agreed.

The buying experience was worth every penny. It was about 3% off the msrp including the destination. I'm sure a ton of you guys do better so no flames please. I'm pleased and in the end I guess thats what counts for each of us.

I want this new owner of the dealership to be successful. They presently sell cadillacs, pontiacs and GMC trucks. Next month I heard they are bringing in Buicks.

Well supposedly its between 4 and 8 weeks. (saleman said 4 to 6 and the gentleman who ordered said 6 to 8..)

Its a crap shoot I guess.

Anyone who can help me with the order number it would be appreciated.

I have the order number and its all letters. I would have thought an order number is a number not letters but what the hell do I know. Am I looking at the wrong item on the Vehicle order detail.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an administrator of this site. I'd like to thank you. This site was invaluable to me. Not only the great comradre of the various members but also the information of what options to order, which to leave out. The early photos to final deliveries made this cadillac a lot of fun to purchase.

I really do have to thank you. Now I can't wait till the car comes in.

The information and opinions were given so freely here it really made the buying experience very special. The dealer was stunned I knew so much and wished all his customers were so informed.

LIke I said...

Everyone here really made the decision making and the buying process really easy. Thanks again!

Should look good parked next to my Red Z06 too!

JB

·
Registered
Cadillac
44 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. It's good to see someone else order the silver, which is my favorite along with the white. I am about to order a silver one with the platinum interior. I'm still deciding on options and would like to limit my total expense. Other than DI, AWD and sport suspension, did you order any other options?

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
All of you guys getting good info here should consider becoming SUPPORTING MEMBERS. :thumbsup: Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations on the purchase. It's good to see someone else order the silver, which is my favorite along with the white. I am about to order a silver one with the platinum interior. I'm still deciding on options and would like to limit my total expense. Other than DI, AWD and sport suspension, did you order any other options?
Thats exactly what I ordered. Silver exterior and black interior.

DI, AWD and the sport suspension.

Should be one hell of a car!

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
JB,

Congratulations!! Great choice!! Glad to hear you've now ordered your car -- I knew you'd go for the new CTS.
You've actually ended up ordering the same model car (3.6 DI with AWD) as I have, as well as the same ext/int color combo. My favorite ext colors on the '08 CTS are Light Platinum, White Diamond and Crystal Red. My wife had her heart set on silver for this next car, so who am I to argue?
It's noteworthy that Cadillac chose Light Platinum for the car's 'reveal' at the NAIAS in January. That in itself says something about this particular color on the new CTS. Designers and advertisers will typically display a vehicle in a specific color that somehow best showcases the lines and overall look of the car.
The choice of Ebony for the interior was something of a no brainer for us - it looks absolutely fantastic in the new car, very classy.
Did you order the (Y43) Sport Package with 18" performance summer tires? If that's the case, I understand that the package comes standard with the (P63) polished wheels. I know you had been wondering about which 18" wheels you'd end up preferring (painted or polished).
I ordered the (Y42) Performance Package with 18" all-season tires, together with the (P63) 18" polished wheels.

My dealer advised that my '08 CTS is scheduled to be built next week! The waiting has been killing me. As mentioned previously, I ordered the car on June 6th. Unfortunately the issue with option B20 on cars ordered via GM Canada has worked extremely well in delaying my vehicle and others. B20 was finally successfully removed from my order a couple of weeks back, so it's all go now. I've ticked EVERY option box, with the exception of extra cost paint and now option B20. Even went for the engine block heater (I do live in Canada, after all).
I'll of course post some photos when I receive my car, as I'm sure you will.
Hey JB, this is shaping up to be a great month, in more ways than one!
:dance7:

Cheers
Rab.

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
374 Posts
Up until the day I ordered my CTS, I was planning on getting the Light Platinum exterior too. On the way to the dealer, my wife, who is an extrovert, "suggested" we get the red instead. When we got to the dealer, we walked through the lot and looked at other titanium painted cars. Nice, but the chrome trim didn't stand out like it does on a darker car. Besides, when the wife says I can buy a new car, who am I to argue about the color.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the colors are nice as is the various option packages..It was hard to decide which one and I went the Y42, J55, automatic and AWD because I believe it'll make a nice sports sedan (zero to 60mph in 5.9)

Thanks to you guys for all your insight. It really made buying the car that much easier and a lot of fun. This is a great site and I'm grateful to all the good people that offered advice and suggestions.

Cadillacs on a roll...with some really fantastic vehicles.

Pretty cool.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Thanks to you guys for all your insight. It really made buying the car that much easier and a lot of fun. This is a great site and I'm grateful to all the good people that offered advice and suggestions.
supporting membership... :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
I went to the Cadillac web site to the "Build a Car" section. I cannot see how to build one with AWD. I cannot see that it is an option (although I know it is). Also, is the 2WD front or rear?

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS
1 Posts
I went to the Cadillac web site to the "Build a Car" section. I cannot see how to build one with AWD. I cannot see that it is an option (although I know it is). Also, is the 2WD front or rear?
It's a "trick." You have to select an automatic transmission for AWD to "select" AWD.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Black Raven
341 Posts
Congrats!!!!! Ill be looking to purchase mine in March (when my lease is near exp) I think the platinum also.... last night Northbay Cadillac had a dinner and the 08 was introduced.... car is more amazing in person than in the picture.. the pictures do it no justice.... good luck.. and if you ro anyone gets tinted windows or modifys anything take pics... im curious to see what it looks like all done up!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts