Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just met pjohnesq:bouncy: !! What a small world. He is in town for business and the crazy thing is, he is working IN MY BUILDING!!!! How freaking WEIRD is that!!!!! We just met down on the 2nd floor! Anyway, I just wanted to share that with everyone. I wish I got to travel for business, then I'd get to meet more of you! :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Yup, Littte B gets added to the list of the forum members that I meet while traveling...I am in Oakland in a deposition and next thing I know, the deposition is in the same building where Little B works. She came down to say hi....The other funny thing is that the conference room where I am faces the parking lot and where her Black CTS is located..I'm looking at it right now and that is one hot looking CTS....oh yeah, so is Little B!

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pjohnesq said:
I'm looking at it right now and that is one hot looking CTS....oh yeah, so is Little B!
Well thank you!! :cloud9: :D Wish your CTS was here though...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FSU_Noles said:
That is cool..., I now wonder everytime I see someone in a Cadi, "hey I wonder if that's.... <insert name here> from the forums?"
Yep, you never know! Definitely a small world!

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
You could come to the East coast, ah, like here, in New Jersey. But, wait until Late January, for the full effect ! You'll marvel in the ice incased sidewalks and steps, holding onto the ice encased railings. You'll throughly enjoy the roads, covered in a combination platter of mud, slush, ice & snow, as that black beauty slips 'n slides its way down the road. You'll stare in wondermint at the daily fender benders from ding-a-lings who first attemp to apply the brakes as they did in the prior August ! It's also fun to wait outside in loooong lines at the movies, outside, in wind chills of +3 degrees. (It does wonderful things to your nose!!) Also alot of fun is pushing that grocery cart from the food store to your car, over chunks of ice, and trying to keep it from tipping over! Get a frisky puppy, like a 5 month old Bull Terrier and hook him up to his leash, and let him take you for a "pull-on-the-ice" ~ lots 'o fun, there! You'll also enjoy that snowball that seemingly comes outta nowhere at 50 MPH into the side of that nice CTS, as you are driving. That will keep you ALERT ! Lots of great stuff here in Jersey to enjoy in the winter!! Come on Over !

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
LOL!!!

:histeric:

Sounds like this place in winter ;)

Im looking to meet some UK owners if there are any :(

I very rarely see Caddies on the roads here.....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
LOL!!!

Sounds like this place in winter ;)
Im looking to meet some UK owners if there are any :(
I very rarely see Caddies on the roads here.....
LOOK AT THE UPSIDE McC. YOUR CTS IS VERY UNIQUE AND MUST TURN A LOT OF HEADS ON THE ISLAND. Sorry for the caps

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Sandy said:
You'll also enjoy that snowball that seemingly comes outta nowhere at 50 MPH into the side of that nice CTS, as you are driving. That will keep you ALERT ! Lots of great stuff here in Jersey to enjoy in the winter!! Come on Over !
Or try commuting from Brooklyn to Short Hills, NJ during thw winter in a rear wheel drive Toyota Supra....I did that commute while I lived in Brooklyn until I moved to sunny CA!! So I feel your "pain" being from the east coast nyself...

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Short Hills ! I live 4 miles away ! My friend lives in Short Hills & owns a business in NYC ! I think he takes the train from Millburn......

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
RobertCTS said:
LOOK AT THE UPSIDE McC. YOUR CTS IS VERY UNIQUE AND MUST TURN A LOT OF HEADS ON THE ISLAND. Sorry for the caps
<faints>

I have no CTS :sneaky:

Deville DHS
Seville STS
Escalade ESV

My wife is looking into a Deville Concours AND a new DTS

They do turn heads though, i always get compliments and people asking if its as luxurious as they hear

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sandy said:
You'll throughly enjoy the roads, covered in a combination platter of mud, slush, salt, ice & snow, as that black beauty slips 'n slides its way down the road.
Sir, you forgot the salt, which is directly responsable for the slush, & also creats those wonderfully customized lower body panels. :nono:

Then there's the fun of shoveling 4-6 feet of compacted snow from the driveway apron, pushed there by the plows clearing the street, or navigating the mountains of compacted plowed snow in most every intersection. Or... as a pedestrian, climbing a mountain of snow at an intersection to cross the street.

Then there's the annual shootings over parking spaces. It's not uncommon to see such spaces "reserved" with lawn furnature, kitchen chairs, & garbage cans.

Me, I don't care. I finally have a 4WD truck, & if that gets stuck I have a John Deere 4400 4WD with a bucket & back hoe. :thumbsup: So... BRING IT ON!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
I've met 2 Brians (90Brougham350 & MNCTS_VETT). Pretty Cool people if I may say so.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Megan, I'm assuming your building is in Downtown Oakland? Is it near Lake Merrit?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Sweet, but you have to work in the center cubes with no window I suppose. I like it around there, lots of good memories.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not in a cubical, my desk is near the door, but the whole office has floor to ceiling windows surrounding it, so I can always look out, it's really pretty with Lake Merritt being right there and all. Where do you live again? (I know you grew up in Oakland) but how far away are you now?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
I'm 4 1/2 hours south near the Central Coast. I get up there fairly regularly, most all my clients are up there.

Hey what is the name of that little restaurant/bakery at the south end of the lake? Do you know which one I mean?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts