Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

· Registered
14,001 Posts
i watched an episode of Bar Rescue last night where they turned around a bar in downtown Silver Spring ... the dumb owner did a 180* less than a week later though ... place called Piratz ... a pirate bar

ugh...

anywho... back to the original topic ... these are only available from the nav disc center and they will only sell them to dealers (as far as i know)
your local dealer should have one in stock and be willing to do the update for you

if you have no luck at your local dealers shoot me a PM or email and i'll see what i can do for you

· Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
865 Posts
Yup, the gun shop is still there! Oh yea, Piratez Tavern... That hole. It sucks. It's right on Georgia Ave. I've only been there once. Ever. A while ago. Nobody I know likes that place. But the dealer up here, the service guy said that they didn't have the disc. But he also told me that most likely I need a whole new unit. I tried to explain to him that I have a screen up that say I need the update system disc and he said that it's not possible. I even gave him symptoms like how for the past year, it would not recognize any map dvd's. I never really cared because I just use it for radio. He said that the laser was most likely damaged. I told him it read cd's just fine! Anyway, me and him couldn't see eye to eye. And they wanted $124.99 if I bring it to them so I can have them "diagnose" it. I know what it needs... The update disc. Whatevs. If I can't get another dealer to just stick the cd in there and let me be, I'll def be shooting you a pm.

· Registered
14,001 Posts
the dealers can order that disc for free ... talk to the parts dept people and ask them to try checking that part number when they're logged into the nav disc center website with their dealer access

i think that you still need a tech2 to complete the update even with the disc (well at least i know you do for the 2005+ STS when you use these firmware discs)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/260126-how-update-navigation.html
[URL="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/123088-2007-sts-v-technical-service-bulletin.html"]http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/123088-2007-sts-v-technical-service-bulletin.html

[/URL]

· Registered
14,001 Posts
also another note, i believe that it has a separate lens for reading the nav discs ... otherwise you wouldn't be able to listen to a cd while using the nav

but that's beyond the point ... let me know if you want me to get you a disc - i'm pretty sure I can

· Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,044 Posts
Nice. From what I've read you open the display and use the internal drive to read it (not the changer). I vaguely recall there is like a 10? Second window to do this if not you have to power cycle and try again.

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,903 Posts
It's not very smart to post personal contact info in a worldwide chat site - there is a lot of scum that trolls around in here - you may get far, far more than you bargained for.

DO NOT, ever, ask for pirated copies of copyrighted software - CF cannot be a vehicle for transfer of illegal services. - you might well earn a vacation from the site.

· Registered
85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado
776 Posts
These radios have a lithium battery on the navigation processor board. This battery keeps the firmware in memory as this nav unit doesn't have a hard drive or non volatile memory. These batteries are reaching the end of their life. I would expect you will see a lot more of these dropping there firmware needing the Software Disk run. Unfortunately the battery is soldered onto the board and not user replaceable even though it is a standard lithium battery. It is similar to those used in computers. I have replaced mine and have had no further trouble. Everyone with one of these navigation radios that expects to keep there car should pick one of these disks up and keep it in case you loose the firmware.

· Registered
Seville (STS) 2002
9 Posts
Hello
I am the owner of the car Cadillac Seville STS 2002. The problem with the car radio and navigation. Need a disk with software, catalog number 19115256. The dealer is none. I live in Ukraine. Help buy. Help will be grateful. Writing through translation.

Please Help. Nobody can help in my country. Buy disk to mail ([email protected]). I am looking for a very long time.I will be grateful.

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,903 Posts
This may be an overseas request, but CF does not condone and will not support requests for pirated (copied) software.

0830 AM Post edited.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.