Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up Everybody, I Have A 95 Sls Seville With A Cruise Control That Don't Work No More. Before It Completely Stop Working. It Would Engage But After I Hit The Breaks At High Speeds And Try To Re Engage The Cc, It Would Not Come Back On Or If I Turned It Off Manually It Would Not Turn Back On. But Now The Thing Won't Even Engage. Anybody Got Any Suggestions It Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!!! (the Cruise Control Is On The Stalk Not On The Steering Wheel)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Start by checking fuses. It possibly could be the switch also.

You don't have to capitalize the first letter in every word either, it makes it pretty hard to read.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will pull the codes tonite and post them tomorrow
these are the codes i got and they all say HISTORY beside it p014_p039_p061_p073_p095_p036_p044 and no IPC CODES, ACP CODES, SIR CODES, and TCS CODES.......as far as clearing the codes, I don't know how to do that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Since they are all history, you do need to clear them. There should be an option that says Clear All Codes. I'm not familiar with the 95 model so I will let someone else chime in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You know my 2000 SLS cruise just stopped working on a long highway trip. Stopped for a rest, pulled the fuse and it was fine so I cleaned the contacts. Removed the connector to the cruise module and replaced it and it worked fine again. Who knows maybee my Cadi thinks it's British?

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know my 2000 SLS cruise just stopped working on a long highway trip. Stopped for a rest, pulled the fuse and it was fine so I cleaned the contacts. Removed the connector to the cruise module and replaced it and it worked fine again. Who knows maybee my Cadi thinks it's British?
see thats just it....where is the connector to the cruise module?

·
Registered
'99 SLS
83 Posts
Simplify my friends.

It is almost definitely the brake switch. If yours is like mine, there is one switch for the brake lights, and another below it that cancels the cruise control and the TCC. Try this, while driving down the road, pull back on the brake pedal with the top of your foot, then try and engage cruise, it might work. Even if that test fails, I would still stick your head under the dash and check out that switch, they slip into these ratcheting plastic things, and they don't hold the switch in position well at all.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Simplify my friends.

It is almost definitely the brake switch. If yours is like mine, there is one switch for the brake lights, and another below it that cancels the cruise control and the TCC. Try this, while driving down the road, pull back on the brake pedal with the top of your foot, then try and engage cruise, it might work. Even if that test fails, I would still stick your head under the dash and check out that switch, they slip into these ratcheting plastic things, and they don't hold the switch in position well at all.
where exactly is the brake switch?

·
Registered
'99 SLS
83 Posts
Under the dash, the brake pedal arm hits it. You have to remove the black panel under the dashboard, but then just follow the pedal up and you will see them. They are plungers that extend when the pedal is pressed, and when the pedal is released it presses the switch.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Under the dash, the brake pedal arm hits it. You have to remove the black panel under the dashboard, but then just follow the pedal up and you will see them. They are plungers that extend when the pedal is pressed, and when the pedal is released it presses the switch.
hey thanks for the info lownoma18...im going to try to locate it and i will let you know whats up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts