Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get at the speaker in the left front door. where do you pry the door handle bezel and the window switch bezel to get them out intact? After they're removed, are panel retaining screws visible.

·
Registered
2008 CTS Base Manual Tran
553 Posts
Its probably the same as the rear which I have done- there is a pice of molding under the inside latch handle...pry it out with a small screw driver. Under the mold there is a screw to be removed. Using a the remainder of the door is held on with several clips along the perimiter of the door. Start at the bottom and begin prying behind the panel with somethng that won't scratch your paint. All the tabs should start popping out all around. Once you get around the bottom and both sides of the panel, the panel should lift off of the door - careful because there are wire harnesses that will be attached and you don't want to cause a short. The door latch handle needs to be separate from the cable as well. I have found that the goo that holds the vapor barrier in place sticks back very well so you can peel that back off the door as necessary.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,176 Posts
PM me with your personal email so I can send a file to you.

Or write it here quickly, I will copy it, then you can remove it. Your choice.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,176 Posts
Its probably the same as the rear which I have done- there is a pice of molding under the inside latch handle...pry it out with a small screw driver. Under the mold there is a screw to be removed. Using a the remainder of the door is held on with several clips along the perimiter of the door. Start at the bottom and begin prying behind the panel with somethng that won't scratch your paint. All the tabs should start popping out all around. Once you get around the bottom and both sides of the panel, the panel should lift off of the door - careful because there are wire harnesses that will be attached and you don't want to cause a short. The door latch handle needs to be separate from the cable as well. I have found that the goo that holds the vapor barrier in place sticks back very well so you can peel that back off the door as necessary.
Do not overtighten your nuts! (This is probably good advice to every guy out there, whether or not you are working on your door panel.)

·
Registered
14,176 Posts
Damm, bro, these pics are hot off the press. Did you get it knocked out?

·
Registered
2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I did. Thanks for the help to all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts