Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a nice E&G Classis grille on ebay for my 91 Brogham,RWD.
I take the old grille off, which has many screws, ready to put on the new one when I noticed the E&G grille only has 2 bolts on the lower 3rd of the grille, nothing more. The bolts line up perfectly to the plastic front of the car. There is absolutely no metal or steel to bolt the grille to. The grille is literally held to the car by 2 bolts tightened into plasitc. Is the rght? Am I missing something. Help please. I always learn so much from you guys. Thanks in advance:hmm: :worship:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Is the grille new?

it seems as if there may be a few studs missing I doubt that it should only be held on by 2 bolts etc. my grille had about 6-7 bolts coming from the grille but mine is a 94 fleetwood

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
I have the same grill and there should be two bolt holes on each side of the grill. You should of gotten a 2 U type bars that lines up with the existing holes at the side of your headlights. If not then your gonna have to make one. But I am gonna tell ya right now the grill doesnt tightly mount on your car. Its very easy to remove all someone will need is a dog bone wrench. The factory grill was ten times more secure the Aftermarket one will ever be

Picture of the grill on my car
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2111000-2111999/2111265_6_full.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please explain more on the "2 u type bars" you're talking about and how to make. The bolts do line up with the existing hole on the side of the headlights. One of my concerns is the grille is mounted to plastic by only those two bolts, isnt there the potential for the plastic or fiberglass to crack or break from the road vibration. It seems theres nothing to secure the heaviest part, the top, from wiggling. I'm almost considering not putting the damn thing on, but they look so good, lolol.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just go to a good body shop and they will make sure it goes on and stays on.

then if it does fall off or something you can go back to the shop and blame them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts