Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I found your web sight in just the nick of time.
I am torn between two vehicles, a 2005 STS with 1SF package, and only 1,600 miles, or a new 2006 Chrysler 300C. The STS is heavily discounted, and has peaked my interest. I have had other Sevilles, and have been fairly pleased.
The main negative I am seeing on your sight is the STS electrical system. I also talked to the head service manager at my local Cadillac dealership, and he tells me that is the biggest problem owners have had. Since I travel a three state area, I am fearful of being in the middle of no where, and cannot start my car.
I am wondering, is this a problem only a few owners have had, or is it quite prevelent with the STS?
I am going to pull the trigger on one of these two cars within 24 hours, so any info you can give me would be helpful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any way to get the history on the STS, if so and if clean, that's my vote. Personally, I don't like the look of the 300 - feel like the snub nose will go out of style within a few years and they'll look awful.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Richbro said:
Any way to get the history on the STS, if so and if clean, that's my vote. Personally, I don't like the look of the 300 - feel like the snub nose will go out of style within a few years and they'll look awful.
Richbro, you couldn`t say it better, that`s also my mind.
I test drove a 300 c Hemi here in Germany, had it two days but the ovarall quality of materials and switches can`t touch the STS.

I would prefer the STS

Harry

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitely go with the STS. This (2005 STS with 1800 miles) is my third Cadillac and surely my favorite. The only problem I've had with mine is the corner of a trim piece being loose, which I'm certain my dealer will care for. More than anything, my dealer is fantastic and has demonstrated their willingness to ensure complete customer satisfaction and Cadillac loyalty. If the STS you're looking at has only 1600 miles, be sure to check into the Cadillas Certified Pre-Owned option availability, which will extend your original factory warranty to 6 years or 100,000 miles. It's definitely worth the small additional cost (approximately 1500.00, I believe) if you're buying the STS from a Cadillac dealer.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
My wife wanted a 300C AWD but at the price they were asking for the "hot" car of the year I had to look elsewhere. I wanted to buy American so that led me to the STS. It is more car for the money and being that it is a Cadillac and not a Chrysler I do not need to worry about the ultra stripped models that are starting to appear within the 300 ranks as sales of the Hemi C model start to fall off.
We fell into that trap with a Pacifica. When the model was introduced it was supposed to be a premium vehicle but as soon as sales started to fall off they added cheap models and soon enough it was no longer a special car to anyone that looked at it. Our $42,000 Pacifica with everything on it looks very similar to a $19,000 Pacifica with nothing on it.

Mark

·
Registered
211 Posts
In my very humble opinion, the 300 looks Hip-Hop, gangster, and will look old in a matter of a few years.
The STS on the other hand.... beautiful, elegant, classy, muscular, and will look fantastic for years to come.
Besides the looks the STS is MUCH more the drivers car. The options and the interior are not even close either.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2017 CTS V
150 Posts
I don't think hip hop or gangster has anything to do with the 300 although it's popular with the hip hop crowd it's also popular in other demographics as well and that makes it just another ordinary car know. The 300 is not in the same league as the STS as far as quality and craftsmanship only the hemi can compete. The troubles with the STS have been few, as with my car I had no problems and I love it.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I like the STS better than the 300, but all Ive got to say is... Unless its a Demo...theres an obvious reason theres an STS sitting there with only 1600 miles on it....

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 05 STS with the 1SF package. No problems whatsoever. Check out the car very well but if you do not get any bad vibes take the STS. Love the car. Fun to drive and the sound system is great as well. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richbro said:
Thanks for the help, I bought the STS today

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Richbro said:
Car came from the GM exec pool in Detroit, I bought it today.
Thanks
JohhnyK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RicksCTS said:
I would definitely go with the STS. This (2005 STS with 1800 miles) is my third Cadillac and surely my favorite. The only problem I've had with mine is the corner of a trim piece being loose, which I'm certain my dealer will care for. More than anything, my dealer is fantastic and has demonstrated their willingness to ensure complete customer satisfaction and Cadillac loyalty. If the STS you're looking at has only 1600 miles, be sure to check into the Cadillas Certified Pre-Owned option availability, which will extend your original factory warranty to 6 years or 100,000 miles. It's definitely worth the small additional cost (approximately 1500.00, I believe) if you're buying the STS from a Cadillac dealer.
Thanks for the help. I bought the STS today, it came witha 6 yr. 100,000 mile warranty.
Thanks
JohnnyK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Playdrv4me said:
I like the STS better than the 300, but all Ive got to say is... Unless its a Demo...theres an obvious reason theres an STS sitting there with only 1600 miles on it....
The STS was not a demo, it was driven by a GM exec for a few weeks. I did a carfax, and GM was the only owner. The dealer also thru in a GM 6 yr, 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty.
I bought it today.
Thanks,
JohnnyK

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Trust me buddy, get the STS. It's a higher class car, and it's a Cadillac. The streets are crawling with 300s. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
82 Posts
Before buying my STS, I tried the 300 just parked at the dealer and I hated its navigation system control. The joystick and the user interface were crazy. No way was I going to buy something so bad and have to live with it every day for years.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 RED PLATINUM 2018 RED AUDI Q5
162 Posts
You made the right choice and you enjoy the STS more every day as you will find what a true pleasure it is to drive.:duck: :bouncy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts