Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 SLS that I just bought a wood grain shifter knob for but I need help finding more wood grain trim. The pieces that I'm trying to get a hold of are from a 99 STS. They're the long pieces that run down the door horizontally. I would like to get them as soon as possible. I tried to look them up on gmpartsdirect.com and get some of their help but it was worthless, they couldn't help me at all after a bunch of tries
. So, does anyone know how I could get these pieces besides from my local dealership. If people have any info for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Mac

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are companies that make this kind of stuff for just about any car or truck. I don't know about the quality but my gf got some for her Toyota and it looks better than her old stuff, some of which had fallen off. It comes like model pieces and usually include the glue too. We found that her kit had alot more pieces than the original amount in the car. For example, she got pieces that covered all the power window switches and such.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did buy one of those kits, most of it looked good but since they were overlays, the pieces that went on the door looked like crap. I just want to take the pieces right off of the door panel and put on the replacement wood pieces.
-Mac

·
Registered
131 Posts
eBay is your friend for stuff like that. I've bought some of the wood-trim pieces (the OEM parts, not the stick-on/overlay/aftermarket stuff) and I have been VERY satisfied. Much of it is BRAND NEW because it's surplus from some body-shop somewhere. Or it's from someone's wrecked car and they're selling off the good stuff piecemeal!

You have to watch ebay daily for the items to eventually pop up for sale, but within a couple weeks I was able to get everything I wanted for only a few dollars. The stuff cost hundreds if you get it from GM.

:cool2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock said:
eBay is your friend for stuff like that. I've bought some of the wood-trim pieces (the OEM parts, not the stick-on/overlay/aftermarket stuff) and I have been VERY satisfied. Much of it is BRAND NEW because it's surplus from some body-shop somewhere. Or it's from someone's wrecked car and they're selling off the good stuff piecemeal!

You have to watch ebay daily for the items to eventually pop up for sale, but within a couple weeks I was able to get everything I wanted for only a few dollars. The stuff cost hundreds if you get it from GM.

:cool2:
Thanks alot, I guess I'll just have to watch EBAY closer. What did you type into the search to find all the parts? I tried a whole bunch of different things but I could never find anything. The only thing that I ever bought on EBAY was the shifter knob. Thanks for the info again.
-Mac

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go to http://www.motors.ebay.com/ then click on the "Parts & Accessories" link in the lefthand column. When the next page comes up, all the way on the right is the "Advanced Parts Search.." Box where you enter Make=Cadillac, Model=Seville, and year-range from 1998 to 2002 (or whatever). For the years, make sure you put in 19xx instead of just 99 or you'll also get stuff from 100 years ago.

·
Registered
131 Posts
BTW: All of the "wood-dash trim kits" that pop up on eBay are the aftermarket stick-on stuff. Make sure you stick with the OEM part offers... which are much fewer and harder to find, but stick with it and you'll score.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dooman said:
Actually, now that I think of it, I will sell you mine.. Delivered for $4000.. You remove/replace..

$4000 ... I'm saying this in a nice way... ARE YOU ON DRUGS? Ga' dammmn buddy! The pieces that I want are $125 each from the dealership. I want them cheaper, not to pay more. I'm sure you're kidding anyway, who would sell the stuff out of their car, I wouldn't unless I had something to fill it's spot. If you knew anyone who did have the extra pieces, I would love to know it. By the way, thanks for the help Rock, I'm going to check that stuff out right now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dooman said:
I was referring to the whole car!
Ah, I was hoping that you were going to say that. I'm good, I have my baby now all I need is the four pieces of wood... by the way , what's the color of your interior?
-Mac

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm not sure of the actual Cadillac color, I call it tan. (shale?) It is light, almost a cream color.. The car is Black, with a light tint.. Looks pretty cool..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was hoping that it was going to be the dark blue interior like mine. I would have asked you if you were going to get rid of the wood just swap parts with me. Damn!
-Mac

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
MACTICULOUS said:
I was hoping that it was going to be the dark blue interior like mine. I would have asked you if you were going to get rid of the wood just swap parts with me. Damn!
-Mac
The OEM wood trim is African Zebra.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was going to say the same thing... but, is a lzebra a large black-with-white stripes animal or is it a large white-with-black stripes animal.
In all seriousness, thanks for the help guys.

-Mac

·
Registered
10 Posts
OT: I need help finding wood trim

A Zebra *IS* black with white stripes. Little bit of trivia for you there :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gmpartsdirect.com is the best, half the dealer cost. GM part numbers for front door wood trim (2 pieces each set) are 12374425 and 12374426, rear doors(2 pieces each set) 12480248 and 12480317. Around $200 plus $40 ship for the both sets, the dealer would be twice this amount at the list prices. Just plug these numbers in at gmpartsdirect.com. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
6thCAD