Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving my 2003 CTS it shut off i turned it back on to move to the shoulder the the on board msg system told me to service electrical system and service charging system engine hot
i got out popped the hood and noticed the drive belt came off and my water pump went out i bought new water pump repaced it and now it wont turn on the dash lights are going crazy anyone know what i can do how do i service electrical and charging systems

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
Re: i need help

I'm assuming you charged the battery. If the belt came off means the alternator wasn't .. well alternating and you were running on your battery until it died. typically when the battery is low you get the crazy dash syndrome.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,027 Posts
Re: i need help

(1) A brief description of the problem in the subject line of the thread will help attract responses from people browsing the forum who might have some expertise or similar experience. A subject line like "i [sic] need help" doesn't give anyone any idea what the thread is about.
(2) Using punctuation will help communicate your thoughts more clearly.

Take the battery to your local Autozone/Pep Boys/Advance Auto/whatever and they can test it (to be sure it will hold a charge); if it's OK then they can charge it for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts