·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
316 Posts
NO! samsung t809, comes out next monday. T-mobile. is going to be hotter than the razr. just as slim, way more features!! its going to be hot!!

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
I just got the Motorola E815 last friday after upgrading from my old Motorola T730. I's not the thinnest phone out there, but with speakerphone, and bluetooth, it works just fine for me. It's also alot more durable than the thinner phones otu there like the razer which are much more likely to break if dropped.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
mnext02 said:
NO! samsung t809, comes out next monday. T-mobile. is going to be hotter than the razr. just as slim, way more features!! its going to be hot!!
Somehow I get the feeling Elvis is not looking for the next "hot" phone... Also Cingular and T-Mobile only have "EDGE" for high speed data which is sub-par when compared to Verizon and Sprint's EVDO (Evolution Data Optimized) which is nearly 300k down and 100k uplink speed. Its true portable broadband in metro areas.

Elvis, nothing wrong with Verizon, Im with them currently after switching from Sprint. I have a PDA Phone with EVDO service and I love it, I would recommend though that you get a phone that is at LEAST V-Cast compatible (the flip phone version of EVDO that is cheaper) for the future. It doesnt mean you have to sign up for EVDO now, but once you know all it does you may very well want to connect to a laptop with it one day.

I would recommend the Motorola E815, or the awesome LG VX9800. Those are also both Bluetooth compatible. Frankly you can just pick up the cheapest V-Cast phone (I believe 99.99) and be done with it. They are all decent quality phones by Samsung, LG and Motorola.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
danbuc said:
I just got the Motorola E815 last friday after upgrading from my old Motorola T730. I's not the thinnest phone out there, but with speakerphone, and bluetooth, it works just fine for me. It's also alot more durable than the thinner phones otu there like the razer which are much more likely to break if dropped.
I've had the same phone since September, I love it. I had a the correct motorola cable from a previous phone so I seem hacked it and got full bluetooth capability. Currently that means adding ringtones of my liking at will.

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
I've been with Verizon for as long as I can remember, never had any major problem except for a minor glitch in one of the phones I had. Cell phones seem to always be "improving" (if you can call it that) by getting smaller and more advanced. I really like my phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1589

It's the LG VX4700, it has nothing very fancy, but I really don't need anything. One of my friends has a $400 phone that is a PDA also, but he has horrid reception on it whereas my phone works nearly everywhere.

By the way, what plan do you have? I personally like the America's Choice Plan with Push to Talk and 1350 minutes.

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
slk230mb said:
I've had the same phone since September, I love it. I had a the correct motorola cable from a previous phone so I seem hacked it and got full bluetooth capability. Currently that means adding ringtones of my liking at will.

Yeah, I liek it alot. I picked up a Bluetooth headset with it as well. I think Im gonna get a 256 Mini-SD card for it. My buddy said that you can load MP3's on it, and use them as your ringtones, since I think it uses an MP3 format to begin with. I don't have the PC cable for it, and I'm too lazy to get one, even though it would most likely be much cheaper.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
I prefer Motorola phones myself - nothing like supporting an American electronics brand:thumbsup:.

Besides, the t809 is a SLIDER phone, not a flip phone. It has an always-exposed screen, and it doesn't even have voice dialing:confused: I mean, even the cheapest, no camera, monochromo motos have voice dialing...:nono:

And the RAZR still has those numbers that are etched into the metal...the t809 is okay, but it's just not RAZR-hot....

Cingular and Alltel are the big ones here, since Alltel is local...I have Cingular, and I've found since the AT&T buyout/merger, they've just gotten better. You can now get one of the RAZR phones for like $99 when you sign up with a Cingular plan...the other good Moto out right now is the V557, it's more traditional, but still great...:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info, everyone. I'll certainly check out the model numbers you've suggested. I may even buy something today, it depends on whether I get a few other projects completed this afternoon.

I'm stuck with Verizon. My business has all of our accounts with them and the history goes back for 16 years when they were called "Cellular One." I've had a phone for 15 years and my customers all have my number on their speed dials. I'm not going to put anyone else through any changes just so I can have a Razr. (although I'd LOVE to have one)

I just have a basic plan, 450 minutes is more than enough. When I get a call, it's like an emergency page and the conversation only lasts two or three minutes. The rest of my communication takes place via e-mail and instant messaging.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I think you'll like the camera!

I dont go snappin pictures here and there but I find it very useful to attach a picture of the person to the phone book entry.

that way when it rings, it flashes the pic of the person calling you....I find it very neat!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would be fitting to buy a Japanese phone on Pearl Harbor Day.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Elvis said:
Why do you hate America so much? :histeric: ;)
I've owned 3 Motorola's and all have been the biggest POS cell phones I have ever owned. After my contract is up with Cingular I am going to Verizon and getting myself a Samsung(<--Best cell phone I have owned)

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got back from the Verizon store.

They suck.

I looked closely at the Motorola E815. I liked it, but it didn't knock me over.

I looked VERY closely at the LG VX9800. I like the idea of two displays and a QWERTY keyboard. But it was damn expensive.

Then they told me that pretty much any PDA phone I wanted, I would have to pay an additional $20 a month for service because they're "broadband" phones or some such nonsense.

So in order to replace my old Kyocera 6035 Palm phone that had hot-synch capability with two different PC's and gave me a complete directory and datebook reminders, I have to commit to spend at a minimum $480 additional.

That SUCKS.

THEY SUCK.

F#@( THEM!

It turns out that the first phone I posted in this thread is available only on-line. So I ordered it.

I'll buy a pocket PC or handspring or something that doesn't have a phone later. I still have my old Palm M100 from a few years ago and it works fine. I'll use that until then.

F$#K VERIZON!

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Dude, you dont have to pay for the broadband service if you dont want it, BUT you wont get the extra 100.00 discount if you dont.

I take it you probably looked at the Audiovox XV6600 which I have, and the Samsung SCH-I730 which I tried out for a little while. They are both terrific phones. They also have the Palmone Treo 650, but its not Broadband compatible.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Huh....wife just called and said her phone fell in the toilet....great, now WE are shopping for a new phone....JEEZ!

we use sprint, and let me tell you the selection REALLY sucks...i WISH I had verizon.

Only bright spot is we have a $150 rebate because we've been a client for 2 years.....they call it an upgrate rebate. Isn;t there something like that for you Elvis?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
powerglide said:
Huh....wife just called and said her phone fell in the toilet....great, now WE are shopping for a new phone....JEEZ!

we use sprint, and let me tell you the selection REALLY sucks...i WISH I had verizon.

Only bright spot is we have a $150 rebate because we've been a client for 2 years.....they call it an upgrate rebate. Isn;t there something like that for you Elvis?
PPC6700!!!

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
hello,

try to hold out for a lil while, then you can buy a RAZR with verizon

RAZR's (RAZR V3) were originally GSM only, which meant you had to go thru t-mobile or cingular to get one, well now the new version, the RAZR V3c is cdma, which means companies like verizon, us cellular, alltel can get it now

its already been released for alltel, and from what ive read verizon should be releasin in time for the holidays, so hold out just a lil and since you dont mind signin for 2 more years, you should be able to get yourself a new RAZR for a good price

1 - 20 of 40 Posts