Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this will work? it is a 90mm, i was looking for a 100-120.. but this will do, as long as it bolts to maggie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
should not be a problem .. HOWEVER ... yiou will need to look at teh transition fromteh TB to maggie housing. I am not sure waht the opening size is .. i wan tto say 85 mm but im not sure.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your right, so if it is it would fit.. I sent them an email, if you look at the top one it looks just like the 75mm one, same adapter and all... plus i think there is an adapter plate between the TB & maggie i think, cant remember atm...

thanx btl..
blitzer ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
BliTzer said:
I think your right, so if it is it would fit.. I sent them an email, if you look at the top one it looks just like the 75mm one, same adapter and all... plus i think there is an adapter plate between the TB & maggie i think, cant remember atm...

thanx btl..
blitzer ;)

I've asked the question as well. Let me post on some Z06s sites, and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
BliTzer said:
thnx jamie..! ;)

..and after my 39 views, this was the only answer I recieved...

#2 EFI-1 vbmenu_register("postmenu_958190", true);
Z06 Authority

2003 Black/Black Z06

The Mag is not compatible with larger TB's due to the housing inlet size from what I've heard. I know 99Z51R aka Eric is running a larger one...maybe a BBK?

That said...have you heard of a company called stegimeier(or spelling similar to that). Anyhow, maybe do a search for BLOWER PORTING. They port superchargers and like products. They're work looks nice on there web page so,...maybe worth checking it out. They ported an 03 CObra's blower, with "no other mods" and gained 20 rear wheel horsepower. Maybe after the porting, the inlet could be matched up to a 90mm or something.

I'll holla

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Don't forget to check out the clearance between the throttle body and the hood. I have a Maggie and my stock throttle body hits the hood insulation and yes it's been altered per Maggie instructions.

GT

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
Don't forget to check out the clearance between the throttle body and the hood. I have a Maggie and my stock throttle body hits the hood insulation and yes it's been altered per Maggie instructions.

GT

Grind that thing done man,...then polish it like crazy. Should come out nice,...and low.:yup:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah mine is grouned down really low & re polished.. cant tell really that it was even touched.. you have know what it looked like before hand.

Thanx V-Tech... I will check that company out, see what they can do.. I have talked to a few peeps on them porting out my stock TB, they said it would be like a 85mm in comparision... so thats pretty close..
Im changin over to a Volant cai, i have been in contct with them for awhile.. they have got there molds in that will adapt to the maggie.. im just waiting on instructions now on how to send them the money.. the new stuff is not listed on there site yet..

later blitzer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts