Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and she hated them. And then she made me feel guilty for not making better pancakes! What a crock!!

Man, these pancakes were DAMN good! They were small, thin and a bit crispy, even (not burned the slightest bit, however).. They were definitely the best pancakes I've ever made.. But Danielle thought they SUCKED! I used some crazy recipe they had on the back of the Bisquick box. Super Pancakes or some nonsense like that.

Oh well. They weren't "moist" enough inside.. So now she's divorcing me... :banghead:

Just kidding. Anyway.. I make some DAMN good pancakes...

That is all...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I bet she'd be happier if you made them with either Sausage or Bacon.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I bought a 10 pound bag of pancake mix at Sam's Club probably 6 months ago, and I'm still not at the bottom of it. I <3 me some flap jacks, and the kiddo <3's them too.

Just remember....bacon makes everything taste better. ;)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Or, if all else fails, put Bacon Salt on the pancakes.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
Crispy pancakes? Flapjacks perhaps.. I might have to side with the Lady on this one... :yup:

Now if we were talking some nice whole-wheat banana nut pancakes we might be in business...

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
So...if she divorces you...can I have her?

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Crispy pancakes? Flapjacks perhaps.. I might have to side with the Lady on this one... :yup:

Now if we were talking some nice whole-wheat banana nut pancakes we might be in business...
Dude....that is a little too much of a chick pancake!....think I'd go with the crispy one with a sausage wrapped in it...:cookoo:

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
414 Posts
Well, to be honest, you need some real pancake mix. Pancakes shouldn't be thin and crispy either, nice and fluffy is what you want. Get some Aunt Jemima "Original" in the red box.

In a large mixing bowl add a tablespoon of veggie oil (canola, whatever), one egg, and around 3/4 cup of milk.

Mix those ingredients slightly with a large spoon, then add approx 1 cup of the pancake flour. Lightly blend it together until it's mixed, few lumps are ok. :stirpot:

Add butter/margerine (Move Over Butter is our fave) to heated griddle/pan. Slowly add batter and cook until bottoms are a light-to-medium brown, flip over and cook other side. Real maple syrup is best. Eat and enjoy.

Some tips: Heat pan/griddle while mixing ingredients. Batter should be just right, not too thin, not too thick.

My wife says I'm the master of pancakedom. Makes me cook them every Sunday. She loves my Caddy too! :bouncy:

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
It sounds like you made something close to blintzes. If you like them crispy, roll up fruit or cream cheese and jam inside them. She might like that. I agree with you, I don't like soggy, soft pancakes.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
...and she hated them. And then she made me feel guilty for not making better pancakes! What a crock!!

Man, these pancakes were DAMN good! They were small, thin and a bit crispy, even (not burned the slightest bit, however).. They were definitely the best pancakes I've ever made.. But Danielle thought they SUCKED! I used some crazy recipe they had on the back of the Bisquick box. Super Pancakes or some nonsense like that.

Oh well. They weren't "moist" enough inside.. So now she's divorcing me... :banghead:

Just kidding. Anyway.. I make some DAMN good pancakes...

That is all...
dont joke like that!!!! she just about got a pm from yours truely .....im a bit of a vulture around the pretty ones ...

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Stoney, I've got dips...go read the last comment on the first page...

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
...and by dips I mean dibs.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Gladly!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts