Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after being on this site for 2 1/2 years, I finally cleaned my throttle body and EGR tubes on my 92 DeVille. I did exactly as some of the old posts said to do. I was so proud of myself. One problem...I looked under the hood today only to notice that the small little hose from the EGR valve leading to the EGR solenoid was broken. Boy did that shoot me down. Can that be repaired, or does the whole solenoid need to be replaced? Is the replacement a simple job? Thanks guys...

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,731 Posts
I broke the hose to my EGR solenoid on my '94 Deville 4.9 as well. I replaced it with some small copper tubing, since the original plastic tube is so brittle after all these years. It's been working fine for over a year now. Copper tubing is probably not the best choice, but something similar should work fine. I'm sure that tube from GM is at least $20!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copper tubing huh? If it works, then that will save me a little cash. I haven't the slightest idea as to where I can buy some copper tubing though. How would you connect that?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,731 Posts
I used rubber vacuum line to connect the ends. I guess you could just use rubber vacuum line by itself to replace the tubing. I just used the copper tubing because that's what I had available.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to try that. When I saw that it was broken, I was bummed out big time. Would a place like Home Depot carry some of that copper tubing?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If it's a vacuum line just goto a parts store and buy some small rubber hose to replace it with.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ya reg vaccum hose will work. its about 8 bucks from the caddy dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts