Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having dealt with many dealerships before, I always figure the next one I go to.... I'll have to go in with print outs, receipts, witty comments and comebacks, and a willingness to argue just to get some work done. Well my dealership?!! NOOOO WAY!

I walk in with the TSBs (only because I'll forget all of them)... I show my service manager (Rich Ross) the documents... and he says.. no problem.

I get the call just now...

"hey Jin...

*your burned blinker bulb is fixed
*TSB on the new radiator... done
*Coolant level.. checked
*Wheel hop bushings kit... done.. and torqued to 180 ft lbs per your request
*Rear diff fluid and additive flushed and replaced per TSB
*Clutch kit for sticky clutch pedal TSB is on order

your cost.... NOTHING!"

W0000T!

I didn't have to argue, fight or nothing. At the local Audi dealership.. it's a chore. I mean, eventually they get it done.. but when i call in for requests (like the torque specs for the cradle bushings) I have to stay on the phone...haggle... whine. complain. I had absolutely no hassle with Bellevue Cadillac.

These guys are AWESOME! Timely... courteous.... professional.... this is how everyone's service trips should be like.

Heck... I even got to pick a rental car when I dropped my car off... now I'm off to pick up my car... well.. ETA 1 hour... i can't get off work just now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's Great!! I went in to B'vue Cadillac three weeks ago with the wheel hp TSB and they said "we'll get back to you" Like I said, it's been three weeks and nothing. Luckily I did the same thing at Renton Caddy and they took the car right then and there and gave me a rental......on the spot. Done in 6 hours. Cost to me = $0!

I'll have to talkt to your guy at Bellevue - they guy I talked to was a doorknob...

·
Registered
252 Posts
you're lucky, my service manager said he drove my V and the clutch was normal. I told him that there's a TSB for it, and he said it performs fine...

something gives me the feeling he forgot and didnt want to own up to it and do the work to fix it. I'll just have to bring in the document off the FAQ to show him...

Ben

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The clutch thing is getting me. Do you get a new clutch just by walking in and saying yours is sticking even if it is not?

On a side not, i think I am going in for a new transmission. My 6th gear is vibrating the car to all hell at light throttle, and its a bitch to get it into gear sometimes. Even on a hot day.

·
Registered
843 Posts
my dealer said the same thing about the clutch...said it worked fine...im like thats NEAT....i looked at the fluid and looked kind of black...tech said the corvetts look the same way...:hmm: How far is Alexzandria va, from Allentown Pa...shouldnt be that far...what happens if my car is in the shop and i got to stay in va for a while....get a rooom...anyway i really got to go, my other job calls....see ya...car has been in shop for 2 weeks today...broken shifter and new radiator...damm i hope i get it back!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts