Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love dogs more than ....

Fascinating picture in the (online) San Antonio paper today. There is a section where you can click on a dog, and bingo, you have a few hundred dogs.

In the past few weeks, 2 or 3 infants have been killed by pits in this area of the country. Extremely heart-breaking.

Well, I click on the dogs today, and there is a picture of a (labeled) pit sitting on the floor 2 feet away from an infant baby perhaps just a few months old.

While it is just a picture, it can convey mistaken ideas of safety. Kind of like hanging your infant out a window or riding on the hood of a car.

Again, I love dogs and babies; I love people, but I am leaning more towards liking dogs because they are not as stupid as some people.

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
We have the same situation in Chicago with pit bulls and babies. It's sad but I do know a couple people that have pitbulls that are extremely sweet. They sadly get a bad rap since some people use them as fighting dogs not as the gentle creatures they can be. It's honestly all about the owner and how they take care of Pit bulls.

Speaking of which, I knew my mom was always afraid that my dad's german shepherd might attack me since I was little. Surprisingly, she could sense I was young and knew to be gentle around me. We have pictures of me as a baby sleeping next to Magnum. She always followed me around, I know we have it on video of her just walking next to me when I first started crawling. It's neat how dogs sense things and know how to be careful.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Hoover loves playing tug-of-war with his rope toy. My brother-in-law noticed how Hoover was much more gentle in pulling when he played with my 5-year-old niece and nephew vs. playing against him. Smart dog.

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Most German Shepherds would die to protect their masters. They are wonderful with kids.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
My neighbor has a boxer that is one of the most relaxed dogs I have ever seen. He just lays in the driveway and won't even look at a person in they walk past. They have an invisibly fence but they don't even turn it on anymore because the dog never leaves. I also know someone with two English mastiffs that are two of the weeniest dogs I have ever seen.

My dog is like Hoover Gary, she plays differently depending on who she is playing with. I play very rough with her and in doing so have had my fare share of scratches, had my fingers chomped on quite a bit and on several instances she has drawn blood. However, when she plays with my Mom or my sister she is much more calm and not nearly as aggressive. I can actually play tug with her with my bare hands by sticking my fingers in her mouth and wrapping them around her canines. She closes her mouth just enough so I can get a good grip but never enough to where it is painful. We also trained her so all we have to do is say "nice" and she instantly stops playing and calms down.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond STS Z Rated
258 Posts
Sounds like what my 2 dogs do too, but they are normally just sleeping, at least until my dad or I come home.

Then the tug-o-war bells are a ringin' and the family room becomes center ring for the biggest bout in history! :D

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
My friend has a black pit bull, its funny timid that dog is. If he doesn't know you, he kind of backs up a few steps and tucks his tail between his legs like a weenie, he won't let you pet him until he sniffs you real good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts