Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTSV
380 Posts
The Door handles are cool but IMO i like to show the V emblems it lets us represent what we have. but from a total sleeper aspect then its cool . i think most people would probably think it had the 32v northstar in it and wouldnt think anything about it but when you see a V and think VETTE then its totally different.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Door handles are cool but IMO i like to show the V emblems it lets us represent what we have. but from a total sleeper aspect then its cool . i think most people would probably think it had the 32v northstar in it and wouldnt think anything about it but when you see a V and think VETTE then its totally different.
did u notice that the door gard thing is also shaved?? :D

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
I don't really like it. Too plain for me, I guess.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Not a huge fan...I went for the V cause I love the way it looks. If I didn't want the emblems I would have bought a regular CTS.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Nice idea...WRONG car

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
9 Posts
I agree I like the shaved doors, but like having the V emblem, mainly because a lot of people still don't catch that and I get to happily smoke them!:crybaby:

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
only if the "L" the "s" and the "6" were evenly put on.....I dont like that casr at all. However, I would consider shaving the door guards for sure.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
I thought it was ugly. They even filled in the indents on the doors for the rubber strips. Way too plain IMO.

·
Registered
'06 Raven V [SOLD]
333 Posts
Too bad the V didn't come with "touch-pad" door handles like the Corvette's and XLR's come with. Don't really know where they'd go now that I think about it. I think those are neat. Door handles are harder to detail around and they are prone to scratches. Ours feel kinda cheap too...it feels like if you riff on it too hard it could snap off.

The shaved handles are cool but as a couple others have mentioned...taking off the door bumpers is questionable. The door looks kinda plain without them. It draws your attention to the door itself making it look chunky and really big. Almost makes the car look narrow/taller. Its a unique look, I'll give it that but not something I would do. To each their own...

I'm half-tempted to take all the emblems off my V, excluding the little GM logos. I just like the cleaner look, I tend to do this with every car I've owned. Call it.....logophobia :cookoo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts