Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home this evening, a silver V with B&B(?) exhaust pulls up next to me at the light and gives it a little pedal.

I couldn't resist. It has been a while since a challenge, what with the new car and all, and when the light turned green, I let him have it.

Pretty even in first, then pulled second and I was up, top of third and even farther - maybe 2 car lengths. Then the Passport 8500 started screamin', so all over the Brembos to grind her back down to sanity speeds.

About now most of you are calling bullshit, IS350's don't have Brembos, nor could one ever kill a V.

I never said WHICH car I was in, did I? She might be on ebay - but today she's still mine. Gotta love that whine. Man how I wish I had one more spin with the 2.6 pulley on...but I won't hae that chance. I don't know any other V owners in Reno, but if you're reading, hats off to a safe scream at speed and reeling her back in when the time was right before anybody went to jail.

WW

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Bill I was actually thinking you were in the V and as I scrolled down i was like damn him. Nice kill I guess. Its like being a parent with two children on different teams who do you root for??

Maggie of coarse!

By the way urb and Metals leave this one here don't move it.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
I never said WHICH car I was in, did I? She might be on ebay - but today she's still mine. Gotta love that whine. Man how I wish I had one more spin with the 2.6 pulley on...but I won't hae that chance. I don't know any other V owners in Reno, but if you're reading, hats off to a safe scream at speed and reeling her back in when the time was right before anybody went to jail.

WW
Did you ever end up selling that 2.6 pulley? Do you need a new belt with that pulley? Did Rick tune the 2.6 for ya?

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
Sounds like your Passport 8500 needs to be sent in................mine goes off under full throttle also.............some stupid electrical issue with them :annoyed:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
Sounds like your Passport 8500 needs to be sent in................mine goes off under full throttle also.............some stupid electrical issue with them :annoyed:
Yeah co-worker has one, same thing.

WW, when you said Brembos, I figured you were in your V. :thumbsup:
I've ran one IS350 already so I know what a "stock" V will do with them, and it was from about a 20 roll. :D

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For some reason mine never seeems to start screaming until the top of 3rd gear...whatever that means.

WW

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That's nothing, mines goes off "LASER" when the horn is blown.
Imagine that. Laser is the Oh Shit sound, cause usually when it goes of, you're already caught.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts