Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) :)

"What was standard on the 1989-1992 Fleetwoods that cost extra on (my) de Ville? (This also applies to the 1993 60 Special -vs- 1993 de Ville...
These are the items that were Standard on Fleetwood/Sixty Special that cost extra on the de Ville:--
* Digital Dash (replacing Analog)
* Full Length Padded Vinyl top on Sedans & Padded Landau Top on Coupes
* Buyer's Choice of upgraded wheels (Wire Discs or Lacy Cast Aluminum Rims)
* Power Trunk Lid Locking
* Trunk Protection Mat
* Trunk Convenience & Security Net (1993 only)
* Trumpet Horn
* Illuminated Entry System
* Speed Sensitive Suspension System
* Driver's Side Exterior Mirror with Automatic Dimming
* Traction Control
* Rear Seat Reading Lamps with Individual on/off Switches
* Remote Fuel Door Release/Lock
and.....
The Not Available on deVille FENDER SKIRTS, the only real way to tell them
apart on the road.

·
Registered
81 Eldorado, 91 Sedan DeVille, 91, Fleewtwood, 92 Brougham
203 Posts
This is the kind of info that I want to put together along with a photo comparison to post as a resource...as I compile it maybe you would be willing to proof it to make sure I have my facts straight!

·
Registered
2006 CTS
258 Posts
Interesting info.

I guess my '93 DeVille didn't get the Trumpet Horn. After I bought mine, I hit the horn expecting that distinctive Cadillac sound and it wasn't there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 93 Deville, most likely optioned similarly to yours has the 1SB option package without the trumpet horn. The 1SB package included Illuminated entry, Illuminated front vanity mirrors, power trunk lid pull down and a trunk mat...for $356. The 1SC package was $833 and added remote fuel door release, digital instrument cluster, drivers outside auto day/night rearview mirror, trumpet horn, and the trunk conv. net. Today it costs more to have a new digital instrument cluster installed than the entire 1SC package cost in 93!

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
My 93 Deville, most likely optioned similarly to yours has the 1SB option package without the trumpet horn. The 1SB package included Illuminated entry, Illuminated front vanity mirrors, power trunk lid pull down and a trunk mat...for $356. The 1SC package was $833 and added remote fuel door release, digital instrument cluster, drivers outside auto day/night rearview mirror, trumpet horn, and the trunk conv. net. Today it costs more to have a new digital instrument cluster installed than the entire 1SC package cost in 93!
My '91 DeVille has both the 1SB and 1SC options, plus a dealer installed alarm on the hood ornament that sounds the marvelous trumpet horn. When it's time for a new car, I'm taking the trumpet horn with me.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I have the 1SB option package, but not the 1SC, which I wish I had, mainly for the digital dash and trumpet horns.

D

·
0 Posts
:) :)

"I keep getting asked the question " "What was standard on the 1989-1992 Fleetwoods that cost extra on (my) de Ville?
Who asks you this?. Are you like walking through a parking lot and someone stops and says "excuse me sir, but what was standard on the '89-'92 Fleetwoods that cost extra on your Deville?" . Are you pulling up at red lights and having people flag you down to ask you this question?. Its weird man.

·
Registered
203 Posts
For clarification, if you have the 1SC package you automatically have the equipment from the 1SB package as it was part of the 1SC group.

Mine doesn't have the 1SC but I do have the hood ornament alarm. It scares me every time I wash it!

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Who asks you this?. Are you like walking through a parking lot and someone stops and says "excuse me sir, but what was standard on the '89-'92 Fleetwoods that cost extra on your Deville?" . Are you pulling up at red lights and having people flag you down to ask you this question?. Its weird man.

Ah nah man, there was a thread a long time ago about this too...I guess Sandy gets a lot of PM's about this and just wants to make one thread clarifying one and for all the differences between the two.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the kind of info that I want to put together along with a photo comparison to post as a resource...as I compile it maybe you would be willing to proof it to make sure I have my facts straight!
SURE THING !!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO SEND ME PMs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts