Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's got 72,000 miles, & is absolutely mint in every way.

I got a great deal no it, so I couldn't pass it up...besides, my old '89 5.0 was just about to throw in the towel.

I bought it from the dealer, & also bought the 3-year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, as I've read some bad things about them, although I've read some nice things about them too.

Does anyone in here own a 98', & if so, how's she holding up for you??

I plan to put at least another 75,000 miles on her, so I hope she's up for it!

BTW - I've heard the Northstars love to gulp oil...is this normal?

·
Registered
204 Posts
JohnnyLfromCT said:
She's got 72,000 miles, & is absolutely mint in every way....
BTW - I've heard the Northstars love to gulp oil...is this normal?
Enjoy! My brother has a '98, I have a '97. Its amazing how many changes they made on the '98 when you compare 'em side-by-side.

Of course I'm prejudiced and like the the 'old' longer, lower, more aerodynamic looking body style because that's the one I own. :bouncy: My brother, on the other hand, loves the newer style (and I like a lot of the features that were enhanced on the '98). I guess one can't have it all. :)

re: Oil, read: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1610

..rickko..

·
Registered
755 Posts
JohnnyLfromCT said:
I plan to put at least another 75,000 miles on her, so I hope she's up for it!
I have no doubt that she is!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there. This is my first post on this site. I just found it today.

Congrats on your new car! No doubt you will enjoy it. I also own a 98 STS, and love it. It was difficult at first getting used to the power difference from my last car (it had well over 450 awhp) but she is still fairly quick. The ride is just amazing in comparison, and well worth the trade off.

So far I have put 62K on mine, good thing for the Certified ExtendedWarranty, its the best around.

Anyone know the most HP put down by a 98+ STS is? and the fastest pass down the 1/4 one has made, if anyone messes around with them? Just wondering if anyone uses the typical pushrod engine tricks to beef it up.

Havnt raced or played with the STS too much, kind of got it out of my system in my other cars, but sometimes i get curious.

Great site!

-Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just took my 98STS to the track Friday, it went 15.19 @ 93 MPH all stock 1/2 tank of gas, pretty fast for a 4500lb luxary sedan, very slow compared to my old 7-second pro-stock Firebird though.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard......... both of you........

STS has 300 hp.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
elwesso said:
Welcome aboard......... both of you........

STS has 300 hp.......
Thanks for the welcome. yeah I know it has 300hp, i was just wondering if anyone has tinkered with it and pushed it well beyond 300.

Anyone fabricate any superchargers for one yet?

Anyways....I'm lookin for a set of 17's, non chrome preferebly, I have a stock set of 16in chromies on there right now. Im not a big fan of chrome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome also, I'm new here too.

Sounds like a great ride. I have a 2000 STS and love it.

One thing I've always wondered about was having so much horse power driving a front WD car. That's got to be a ton of torque on those CV joints.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
MuscleinArmani said:
Thanks for the welcome. yeah I know it has 300hp, i was just wondering if anyone has tinkered with it and pushed it well beyond 300.

Anyone fabricate any superchargers for one yet?

Anyways....I'm lookin for a set of 17's, non chrome preferebly, I have a stock set of 16in chromies on there right now. Im not a big fan of chrome.
There have been people with supercharged northstars, but I would do it........ it can only further accelerate (pun intended) problems it may already encounter!!

Plus, all that power on FWD would be a waste..... hardly any traction!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
elwesso