Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Cadillacs during this time period all had keyfobs for unlocking doors? I bought this car at a great price from a local dealer and got two sets of keys, but no remote keyfobs or anything and he didn't know. How can I find out?

BTW - These forums are an awesome resource. I'm fixing my passenger lock tonight using methods explained in this forum. It rocks! :cool2:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I believe it should have 2 remote keyfobs also. My '92 Deville has 2 keyfobs and 2 sets of gold keys, and 1 set of typical GM keys

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,790 Posts
My '97 had remote locks and I would bet the '96 did as well. You should be able to tell for sure by checking the RPO codes under the spare tire cover and then research them to find which one is the remote code. You should also be able to find some key fobs on ebay but again, do some research as they are not all the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information. I appreciate the quick response and look forward to making my own contributions to this forum.

Best! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
nowadays an alarm with door unlock feature is about $100 installed

if you dont have the remotes they alone are about $40 plus programming

my 96 deville has the key fob

·
Registered
1998 sedan deville
38 Posts
my 1998 has 2 keys fobs and you will need to get them programmed mine locked the dealer working on the car out one day.. luckly they new how to fix it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts