Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was on my way out of town and I was ready to capture the moment. The canon was good-to-go. :) Still getting 27.5 - 29 highway mpgs.

Please excuse the focus.

As of this morning, the car has 175312. :)

-Jimmy

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
46 Posts
wowww i was thinking 175 mph's. That would have been redic. But congrats on the 175 g mark. Im at 36,000 haha i got a little way to catch up to you.

·
Registered
'06 CTS
81 Posts
i was thinking 175mph too... although i must say, since i'm a recovering domestic car hater, the miles surprised me more than the speed.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
well i am glad to see that the guys posting with the high miles have 03s, just means i have plenty more miles to go on my Ol' Girl

·
Registered
CTS 05
716 Posts
@CT Essence

Good to hear the car is up that high. Please share the major work you've done to the car up to date (if any). I believe cars are meant to last way over 500k miles (if properly taken care of).... granted a new transmission may be required at some point but the engine should be good for a very long time (again, if well taken care of).

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I'm at 140,000km....I'm guessing you guys are talking miles...so I'm good for a while!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just logged on. Been out on an assignment.

I'll post the repairs (not too many) tomorrow. A few typical wear and tear replacement parts. No major mechanical failures. I'll prolly hit 200K by the end of the year. (,...I hope :))

·
Registered
03 CTS
50 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but how the hell do you still get 27mpg? I'm lucky to average 16-20mpg? Is there something wrong with my car? I have an 03 CTS.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 2005
10 Posts
im up to 138,000... o4 cts... no major work done yet.. just the normal 3k miler oil changes. plugs,filter.ect
however i plan on changing the timing belt soon..very soon

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys. The CTS is at the dealership. It stalled a few days ago and it had to be towed. Service Tech guy is telling me that the Fuel Level Sensor(s) are malfunctioning. Problem is that when the fuel guage reading drops to about 1/8th, the Sensor is telling the ECM that the tank is empty, which in turn sends a signal to the ECM to shut down the fuel pump.

The repair, which is labor intense, will cost $1,100.00.. OUCH..!!

ST guy said I can safely operate the car as long as I don't let the fuel level drop too low, or below 1/8th reading.

Car has 175,855 miles.

I'm considering fixing and selling it to get into an 08/09 CTS..

to be continued.......

-Jimmy

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Sorry to thread jack but how the hell do you still get 27mpg? I'm lucky to average 16-20mpg? Is there something wrong with my car? I have an 03 CTS.
It's all in how you work the throttle. I am getting a solid 29 mpg on premium right now. It drops down to 24-26 when I let my wife drive it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay. I finally had a chance to sit down and post the repairs and wear-and-tear parts I've had to replace on the CTS since I acquired it.

They are (in no particular order):

2 - Batteries
3 - sets of tires
1 - CPS
1 - CamPS
1 - Timing Belt
1 - TCM
1 - Alternator
1 - Belt Tensioner
3 - Belts
2 - Tune ups / spark plugs
1 - Injector cleaning
1 - Fuel Fliter
1 - Fuel Pump
2 - Water Pumps
2 - Wheel Hub Bearings (driver front and rear)
1 - Set of Headlights (cosmetic)
1 - Air Deflector

Oil changed and tires rotated/balanced every 6K miles.

Next to do: Front Struts, Strut Mounts, Rear Shocks and Front Rotors.

FYI, the car looks pretty good. A few door dings but overall the exterior is in very good shape. The interior looks very good too. Seats have no tears or excessive wear. I had a little paint peel on the console but I purchased a nice carbon fiber panel kit that took care of the problem.

- Jimmy

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
Okay. I finally had a chance to sit down and post the repairs and wear-and-tear parts I've had to replace on the CTS since I acquired it.

They are (in no particular order):

2 - Batteries
3 - sets of tires
1 - CPS
1 - CamPS
1 - Timing Belt
1 - TCM
1 - Alternator
1 - Belt Tensioner
3 - Belts
2 - Tune ups / spark plugs
1 - Injector cleaning
1 - Fuel Fliter
1 - Fuel Pump
2 - Water Pumps
2 - Wheel Hub Bearings (driver front and rear)
1 - Set of Headlights (cosmetic)
1 - Air Deflector

Oil changed and tires rotated/balanced every 6K miles.

Next to do: Front Struts, Strut Mounts, Rear Shocks and Front Rotors.

FYI, the car looks pretty good. A few door dings but overall the exterior is in very good shape. The interior looks very good too. Seats have no tears or excessive wear. I had a little paint peel on the console but I purchased a nice carbon fiber panel kit that took care of the problem.

- Jimmy
You bought the car new?? What state do you live in?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts