Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually up here in Canada, after 10 years, you start seeing many cars showing their age but I can't recall ever seeing a Cts is rough shape. This is truly amazing or is it jus me?

·
Registered
CTS 2003
51 Posts
I have a 2003 CTS that has been in Canada it whole life, up until June 2014 when I bought it and brought it 10 miles south to the US. There was a small area of rust on the left side of the car, right behind the wheel from all of the salt getting on it. It also has some rust in the wheel well. I fixed up those two spots and its good to go. It's amazing how well its lasted.

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
I just think the 1st gen CTS is typically well taken care off by most people. Even the idiots who bling the shit out of this car generally otherwise do take care of it.

It's a loved car, there is no way I'm still in a 2007 if it wasn't a good fun sedan and I do maintain mine obsessively that of course includes waxing, taking care of dings and paint chips due to highway driving....etc

I think the closest car to compare this car really to is the E39 5 series BMW 1998-2003 people generally really appreciate having those and do take care of them mostly.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Base
31 Posts
I bought my 05 CTS here in Detroit Metro Michigan in Jan. Its been here its whole life and was very well taken care of. had 101K when i bought and only has a couple small spots of rust starting to bubble up under the paint in the rear wheel wells and need to the hood molding on the driver side but look to be easily repairable. I've been here in Michigan 4 months now and i've seen all manners of rusted out cars and trucks but havent seen any 03-07 cts or STS for that manner being ate away by rust.

·
Registered
04 CTS Base, 3.6, 07 CTS Base
28 Posts
I have an 04 pearl white with 34,000 mi with the original tires, that has never seen a winter road. Been garaged since new. Also have the 07 with 77,000 mi that has no rust, But we don't drive them in the winter. Just can't stand the thought of salt on them!!! When I was lookingfor one for my grandson, seen a 2000 CTS, with rust around the wheel well lip, where it was bubbling up. Car lot brought at auction, Don't know where it came from.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Base
31 Posts
I have an 04 pearl white with 34,000 mi with the original tires, that has never seen a winter road. Been garaged since new. Also have the 07 with 77,000 mi that has no rust, But we don't drive them in the winter. Just can't stand the thought of salt on them!!! When I was lookingfor one for my grandson, seen a 2000 CTS, with rust around the wheel well lip, where it was bubbling up. Car lot brought at auction, Don't know where it came from.
2000 CTS? I thought the first model year was a 2003? is it a pre production car? does the vin look odd with a bunch of zero's? I see this a lot with pre production cars in my internship....

·
Registered
2004 CTS
1 Posts
I just bought a 2004 CTS with 95.000 miles on it. It has spent its life in Michigan and Wisconsin. The body looks almost new. just a couple of minor paint rubs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts