Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was not until today that I have discovered about these cars . I refer to 1993-96 Cadillac Fleetwoods. I know, GM was cheap to put many cool gadgets in these cars nonetheless. Well, in a nutshell my dad left the right turn signal blinker on and drove a few seconds . I don't know how much ground we covered or drove off but all of sudden we heard a loud chime ding warning tone went off . My dad and I looked at the gauge cluster there was nothing and he turned off the blinker and the chime was put off following this action .
I said wow daddy I have learnt something thanks to your turn signal stalk .If you turn your turn signal or blinker on and forget it the car will warn you to shut it off . Well Done

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
yeah that happened to me once in my 95 and scared me half to death. I thought the car was going to blow up or something. haha.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,212 Posts
I guess no one reads their owner's manual anymore... it's "hidden" right in there...
I read the owner's manual two times a year - when I need to adjust the clock! :) Now, I am curious how loud that warning is. Will leave the blinker on next time.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Cool feature.
Probably kept quiet because of it perpetuating the stereotype of Cadillac's buyer demographic...:wisdom:

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
8 Posts
I was stuck in traffic making a turn and had my blinker on for a few minutes when that warning chime went and it caught me by surprise too lol.
I looked around and was wondering if I was overheating or something and then hit the turn signal because that was the only thing working at the time and the chime stopped and I raised an eyebrow and did the Spock thing ... Facinating lol

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,715 Posts
Yeah, it chimes if you've left it on for over 1/4 mile I believe.

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
Wow, thanks did not know that either. Usually when turning is flicks off anyhow. I guess if it is left on and going straight forward for that distance it alerts. I am going to try in going home from work today...

·
Registered
2012 SRX, 2008 XLR
32 Posts
my 04 corvette has a similar "warning" tone or chime for the same forgetfulness. certainly not enough to scare you, but a gentle reminder that you screwed up somewhere. they leave it up to you to figure out where, lol.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
118 Posts
my 97 has the chime when blinker is on, sound like the key in ignition chime when you open the door, and the words are on dash read out the blinker is on. not very scary!!

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium AWD Gold Mist, 2012 SRX Luxury Gold Mist
44 Posts
I discovered it in my 2012 SRX, but the sound is now a gentle chime with a message in the gauge cluster so you know what is complaining about. I didn't know it was there, but it didn't shock me when it happened the first time - about 2 months after I got the car. I read the owner's manual but didn't see any mention of it.

Wondering now if I now fit into "Cadillac's" demographic...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts