Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody.... My 95 Sls Lac W/ 103K MILES. THE Steering Wheel Shakes A Lil Bit When I Drive From 10-60 Mph And Shakes A Little More Than Usual When I Get Around 40-50 Mph, The Tires Look Pretty Good I Think She Might Need An Alignment Or Bad Rotors But Then Again Im Not 2 Sure. If It Do Need An Alignment How Much Could It Run Me?

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
Check tires really good. I had rear tire with seperated belt which caused shake throughout entire car. I did not realize how bad the tire was until I removed from car when doing brakes and struts all around. Planned on replacing front tires do to wear from bad struts. Found split CV boot and replaced as well. See post vibration at 25-40 mph. Car shook before I replaced anyhting due to bad tire. Once I replaced tires and other parts - shake was real bad. Turned out to be defective CV shaft.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just to update.....i needed a tire on the front driver side, replaced it and it took away 85% of shaking...thanks 4 the info people!

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Additionally, be happy you don't have a DeVille

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
If non of the above works, take a couple tubes of J B Weld, and them down the seams of the steering col. That should cure most steering wheel vibrations. NOT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts