Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get a new Front Engine mount also known as the poly dogbone. Mine has started to rust and i want a newone. I hope everyone knows what i am talking about.

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
matts93z34 said:
Does anyone know where i can get a new Front Engine mount also known as the poly dogbone. Mine has started to rust and i want a newone. I hope everyone knows what i am talking about.

Thanks,
Matthew
Hey Matt,
I think I know what you're talking about. My rubber buchings connecting the dogbone to the engine is shot so I was just looking here...looks pretty involved more so than I though. Special tools required and the engine neeeds to be jacked up and down not to mention alo of lube and torque specs.
Anyways,...in my 98 DeVille GM Service Manual, its called a Engine Mount Struts or Torque Struts. (I think....)
BTW its got a note in italics here says: NOTE J 28467-A Engine Support Fixture Required (fyi) anyway can't find a part number here, but its called Mount Stut or Torque Strut in this manual.
Looks like you gotta make sure its not preloaded before you mess with it and then once you put your new one in its goto be tightened to 60 NewtonMeters or 44 PoundFeet. Good luck! (did you try ebay using these keywords?)

·
Registered
Sedan DeVille
1 Posts
Re: I need instructions for replacing heater coil on 99 Deville 4.6L

I need instructions for replacing heater coil on a 99 Deville 4.6L

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Marc, this thread is 7 years old and unrelated. Start a new thread.

BTW :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts