Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus has a few aftermarket companies that can stiffen the GS4 suspension like a BWM 540i... Are there any companies that do this for Caddys? If not, I'm sure there will be soon. But really.. I'd like to know.. I'm sure others would like to know as well. I would imagine upgrades would be quite complicated with all the computers involved... Or no?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I don't know...not that I know of. Especially with the new V-series Cadillacs coming out, I bet there will be some new applications for Cadillacs on the horizon. Watch those SEMA trade shows! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I do a lot of web searching and tinker on my cars a bit. I figure since the 03s have the new electronic suspension that the computer can vary the ride quality quite a bit using the magnetic field and fluid.

here are some good sites to learn about cars:

www.alldatadiy.com - for in depth vehicle specific information, requires subscription but is worth it
www.howstuffworks.com - contains some really detailed explanations of vehile operation that anyone can understand

The problem is - how do you program it to taste?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
well since you have the ETC model, i would assume you could reprogram the computer to stiffen the ride. How? Dont know, but i do have knowledge of computers, and things can be easily changed. Whether it would be a chip or something reprogrammed i dont know. you may consider lower profile tires. I know it wouldnt be stiffening suspension, but it should improve the handling.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Sal,
You might seek out Jeff Scwartz to see if he will post on here what he did to get his 82 Fleetwood to pull 1 G on the skid pad.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wes.. I sold my ETC. :( I'll be looking for an STS this year.. But you're right - there's probably a way to do something via the computers..

Vern.. Jeez, I know.. That guy has his Fleetwood running 11's while maintaining drivability.. What the heck?! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe that this is one of the most important forums for a Cadillac owner.

When the suspension parts wear out on your Caddy do you want to pay thousands of dollars to replace them with original type Caddy parts?

I don't.

I would like to know what options ther are, what they cost and where they are available.

Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
peatea