Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mechanics that work on the electrical part of the car at the dealership or other shops.

what are they called? are the auto electricians??

what are the qualifications in becoming one. does anyone here know?

The reason for the asking is to find the school for training in that area. what school teaches you to become an electrical engineer for cars?? to work on the wiring and lights and computers and stuff like that for the cars.

I know you probably wont know what school because of the state Im in but what will the training be called?

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
MrSmith said:
The mechanics that work on the electrical part of the car at the dealership or other shops.

what are they called? are the auto electricians??

what are the qualifications in becoming one. does anyone here know?

The reason for the asking is to find the school for training in that area. what school teaches you to become an electrical engineer for cars?? to work on the wiring and lights and computers and stuff like that for the cars.

I know you probably wont know what school because of the state Im in but what will the training be called?
boy thats a good question ....ive been thru several automotive schools , and i know there is awhole speical ASE cert for it ....i had it at one time (i let it expire like my r12 liscense)...

your definatly looking at the right direcetion , just look at the electronics package in a XLR .....

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Not sure the specific answers to your questions but I know that there are a number of vocational schools located in Phoenix, AZ that specialize in the automotive repair industry. My cousin went to one years ago. You might be able to find one on line and get the answer to your question from them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Call up Wyotech or one of the others like it and ask if they have a program which teaches all electrical stuff...I doubt that they will becaue they'll want you to take everything else along with it, but its worth a shot! And maybe by talking to them, you can figure out the name of just what you should be searching for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts