Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "service ride control" message is on constantly and there is a
"clunking" noise in the front on the driver's side (I think). Took it to a shop and they told me I needed new shocks and that would be to the tune of about $1300 + labor. The mechanic actually said I should just drive it that way. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Yep..... Really common on those cars....

You can install passive struts...... IE ones not controlled by the computer (like normal shocks)..... IMO getting the stock struts are a waste of money.... Their like 60/assy and I have heard they dont have any negative affects on ride quality/handling..... I believe they are made by KYB..... Dont quote me....

I wouldnt drive the car for an extended period of time (IE not fixing it) without getting the shocks fixed..... The ride has to be terrible!!!

Welcome to the forums....... :wave: Thanks for signing up.....

Go into the lounge and tell us about yourself in the "lets talk" thread!!!

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Hi Kathioco! Welcome aboard.. And thanks for signing up! Wes is right about the passive struts.. You wont notice much of a difference - if any - but I don't think it takes care of that Service Ride Control message.. I don't know if there's a way to deal with that without going the expensive route...

How DOES the car ride with that message on? I've always wondered.. Is it really bad? Or just not as good as it was before?

You may want to go into the Suspension Systems forum and post a message about your problem - OR - do a search on Service Ride Control or something along those lines - for more information on your problem..

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
When the service ride control comes up, it automatically goes into failsafe, which makes the struts on full hard...... Meaning it rides like a truck, really hard......

You can disable the service ride control message via the OBD.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts