Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official. I hate my Deville. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways...I've had a problem for a long time with a bad miss, especially at low throttle at and above 50 mph. Shakes like nobody's business.

Now recently it has had trouble starting. I'll crank on it and crank on it, and it won't start. Come back a few hours later and it'll start right up. Sometimes I crank and crank, and it starts.

What the JDo0r973q2450q723897!(*&!(&**&(!*!&!&&!(__$^%%#%@!!! could it be?

I also tried to see if my miss was caused by a bad injector, but my diagnostic does this:

(Off and Warmer)

If I press a bunch of different buttons, I can get it to go:
E.0.0
and then hit Hi and it goes
E.0.1

It stops at:
E.1.2

Another time, I got it to go between
E.2.0
and
E.3.3

Just circles in those stages...WHAT THE!!>!>!>!>!>!>!!!!

So, anyone wanna buy my cadillac? runs perfect, NOT A SINGLE ISSUE! 2500000$?

·
Registered
510 Posts
So....after the rant....what year and engine is it???

I seem to remember a 92 from other posts...???

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? Look on the fuel rail. There is a small canister shaped device on the fuel rail with a vacuum line attached to it. With the engine idling, pull the vacuum line off the FPR and watch the vacuum nipple for any signs of fuel. There should be none. If you have a vacuum source, such as a might vac, apply vacuum to the vacuum nipple to see if any fuel comes out when a vacuum is applied. None should appear even with a vacuum applied to the nipple. If you see any sign of fuel from the vacuum nipple on the FPR then replace the FPR. With a 92 you might just replace it anyway as it is getting near the end of its life probably.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The PCM you are looking for (no need for it at the moment) is under the dash on the passenger side. It is directly next to the firewall where the passengers toes would be. Take the lower dash blockout panel off and look at the firewall between the HVAC case and the firewall. That is where the PCM is. You will see the wiring connector. Remove the nut on the PCM mount and the PCM slides down.

You should also check the condition of the EGR tubes. Hold the throttle body wide open and look down the bores with a strong flashlight. Those two tubes down below the throttle blades that are full of carbon and gook are the EGR tubes. They are supposed to be clean. Use a piece of stiff wire to rod them out so the EGR can flow correctly.

It is entirely possible that you may have one or more bad injectors from what you describe.

From what you describe it would be worthwhile to pull the plugs and inspect the condition of them for a possible clue as to which cylinders are messing up. A leaking injector that is flooding would show up as a rich spark plug.

You can also loosen the attaching bolts that hold the fuel rail to the intake manifold. Lift the rails up to disengage the injectors from the intake. Turn the key to "on" (don't crank) to energize the fuel pump. Watch the injectors for any signs of leakage or drips.

Another thing to check would be the fuel pressure. A fuel pressure gauge simply screws onto the fitting on the fuel rail will tell what is going on.

There is really no reason any decent mechanic shouldn't be able to diagnose what is wrong causing it to misfire. Keep in mind that it is a 15 year old car with a lot of miles.....Cadillac or not.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
I agree with chevelle , dont give up on it , and be realisitic .....shes old ...

if you ever feel bad about money spent on it , ive blown over 8 grand on mine since i bought it for 4900 ....but , mines perfect ....most people just keep them so they safely run ....i got a little carried away with mine ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy