Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A jar of pickles got loose from the cargo net on my way home from the store this weekend and it blew up. I have tried everything I can think of from carpet cleaner to baking soda and I can't get the smell out for more than a day. To replace all the panels that have the stench, its going to be about $1000.

So .... anyone have a wrecked V they want to make some money off of?

-DarkMatter

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
Take the panels out,wash out the trunk.Dump some cat litter back there and you'll be fine in a week or so.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
sounds like your in a pickle! hahaha
Aaaaahahahaaa! Awesome.

Gene is right: You should really be more "dill"-igent when securing groceries in the trunk.

:rofl:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
Aaaaahahahaaa! Awesome.

Gene is right: You should really be more "dill"-igent when securing groceries in the trunk.

:rofl:
This is going to be one of those "I should not have said that" Threads

But everyone is deserving of their own due "dil"igence to make it as funny as possible. As long as everyone is kosher things will be ok.

·
Registered
Cadillac
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first thing I did was stip the trunk ( I was suprised to find a cross bracing in the spare tire compartment and dynamat on the bottom of the metal, cool stuff). Cat litter was also one of the things I tried, but the smell always comes back. Its like a sadistic game of fetch using a pickle instead of a stick. Sam's... we don't have one of those around here, I will have to do some looking. Think that is something I can find at a lowes or home depot?

·
Registered
White diamond 05 CTS 3.6L Euro
181 Posts
You should be in jail for the crime of rowing the Cadillac distinctive smell

(Joking
)

Did you try placing natural charcoal (you BBQ with) in your trunk? It's better than backing soda in sucking the smell off…

Also,
I heard that fresh grounded coffee is good for bad odors…

Of course you need to leave your windows and trunk lid open as much as possible to vibrate the smell…

If nothing a success then see this, if its good for skunk then it's defiantly good for pickles :alchi::
http://odorxit.com/?Skunk-Smell

good luck... :highfive:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
I exploded a can of WD-40 in the back seat. Still smells after 1 1/2 weeks. I kind of like it though.
Pickle juice seems a lot worse.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Have Koz cut an air bisquit back there. He charges .25 for small ones and $5.00 for those worthwhile.

That will kill the smell of anything within 5 miles. (Probably kill anyone within same distance.)

·
Registered
41,011 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have used a product called "Fabreze (sic)" with good success to remove bad odors.
You might try removing fabric-type componets from the trunk area piece-by-piece to try to focus on exactly what parts are contaminated. You may wind up replacing some componets.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Neat spicy recipe: Take a jar of bread and butter pickles (like scalloped wheels). Put a couple ounces of crushed italian peppers in jar. (peppers from pizza shops). Let sit for several hours. Nice and spicy.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold), '10 Jaguar XF-R
23 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts