Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 Seville STS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i'm not the first or last to have problems with people and my car but I have to vent. Someone smashed my side mirror on my car halloween night and scratched the door. So I buy one on ebay, and it comes broken and neither ebay or paypal will do anything about it. Then a truck side swipes the side of my car in traffic in boston. His insurence won't cover it because they make up some bs excuse that i was driving recklously and passing on the inside. When in fact the driver never knew he hit he, and I had to chase him down. They didn't even have the right intersection on insurence forms or the right description of the location. Then tonight I come out from watching the football game to find my hood ornament stolen. It doesn't happen in the big city in boston but some hick town in Maine. Boy I really hate people right now, i can't have anything nice.

·
Registered
88 Sedan Deville, 89 Eldorado, 11 SRX, 18 CT6
130 Posts
if the paperwork on insurance is incorrect... you have a very good lawsuit in front of you. it will take out of what you'll get.... but HIRE A LAWYER! and not one of those hicks on tv. go to the phone book, and hire a lawyer. usually, youll end up with your car looking brand new. you Should have filed a police report the DAY that the accident happened. nonetheless, get a lawyer, and you can sue the driver if there insurance wont cover it... provided you WERENT passing him illegally.

·
Registered
02 Seville STS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have full coverage insurence and have already recieved a check from my insurence. I told them what happened hoping they would be able to help out. I did file a police report too.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9
208 Posts
JUST USE THE INSURANCE MONEY & BUY A COUPLE MIRRORS & YOUR ORNAMENT AT A BONE YARD & SAVE A FEW BUCKS. I WISH PEOPLE IN CARS WOULD FINALLY TAKE THE BLAME SOMETIMES. I"VE BEEN A PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVER FOR THE LAST 32 YRS & TO SEE WHAT KINDS OF STUPID STUNTS PEOPLE DRIVING CARS DO, IT'S A WONDER WHY THEY EVEN HAVE A LICENSE. NOT SAYING YOU WERE TO BLAME. JUST SAYING THE TRUCKER IS USUALLY AT FAULT & ALWAYS THE ONE :thumbsup: TO BLAME IT ON. I DRIVE VERY PROFESSIONALLY & AM VERY CAUTIOUS & CAREFUL ON THE ROADS. WISH A LOT MORE PEOPLE IN CARS WOULD DO THE SAME. LESS ACCIDENTS & SAVE MORE LIVES. THAT'S WHY I CARRY A VIDEO CAMERA WITH ME ALWAYS NOW. TO SHOW THE COPS WHO WAS AT FAULT.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
Last year someone hit my mirror off of my car and I was just furious. Needless to say I was doing valet at the time and the other mirror came off of the car that hit me. I compared and found out what the car was( Sorry can't mention what it was) and searched the neighborhood. I found the car, even the paint they rubbed off of my car was on there car too. Need less to say karma got the best of them. For some reason every single tire on the car was flat the next morning, must have ran over some glass or something. :hmm: I really couldn't tell you how something like that happens, I was just going to do one, but that just makes it too easy on the person.

Honesty is something that is practiced not portrayed...

·
Registered
02 Seville STS
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the mirror. The estimate to fix the rest of the door is around 800 bucks, so I'll get that fixed when I have the time. It was the front lug nuts that hit the door, since they stick out further then the wheel. It ripped off the molding on the side to so i'll try to find that for less then what the watimate calls for; the same way I did the mirror. I found it for $40 less, but the up and down motion doesn't work. But it was reall a cappy road to begin with 3lanes wide, in an area of road they are redoing that is really tight. And any small deviation from you lane with a bigger vehicle means your in someone elses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts