Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate em i hate em i hate em. got one back in the end of April which turned into bronchitis which turned into walking pneumonia which triggered a bunch of other health problems. i have been sick since i got that cold in April with a bunch of other illnesses thanks to that damned walking pneumonia and finally got over everything. well for two weeks anyway. i felt great, went in for my sixth month check up last thursday and all was well, life was good. well ill be damned if i dont have another cold :rant2:. this sucks, i hate colds.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Sorry pal, I'm counting down the time until I get my next one. Hopefully I won't as I've been hurting myself drinking orange juice, and obsessively washing hands like I'm a surgeon. Get some tequilla or take some Thera-Flu and hope for the best.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,403 Posts
I'm on the tail end of a nasty one. Right now I'm high as a kite on a cocktail of Zyrtec, Nyquil, Contac, and I dont remember what else. I think ColdEeze zinc supplements reduced the severity and length of the cold.

I also took my final in Business Law tonight. I -think- I did okay, from what I can barely recall. I spaced out a lot and was one of the last to finish.

Ninjas > Pirates

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
hehehe...Wal-Flu, the generic TheraFlu, from Wal-Greens, is my best friend when I'm sick...a couple of weeks ago I thought I was going to go through hell, but it ended up getting better right quick, in three days or so...I was stoked about that...but am expecting the next beginning of winter cold soon!

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Jesda said:
I'm on the tail end of a nasty one.
There is something really nasty going around. I had it for almost 2 weeks, I'm just now almost done coughing all the crap up out of my lungs. My whole family had it, and co-workers have it (in NJ, NYC AND Texas so it's not me spreading it around).

I have a meeting with the Texas people in NYC tomorrow. I hope they don't have a different strain of it because I don't want it again.

Jim

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
"I'm on the tail end of a nasty one"

I just had food posioning from some turkey at a Luby's cafe. My neck is still sore from puking my guts out all night long. I will take a sinus infection over food posioning anyday. Zicam or any zinc will dramiticly reduce the lenght of a cold. My mom also just got over an unknown virus that gave off low fever and achieness, but no sinus problems, for over two weeks. I am with you COLDS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I have a bit of a cold right now, nothing a tot of whiskey wont make well.

Looks like its time to quit the shirt tie for the winter

get the knitted sweaters out :D

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
I have a bit of a cold right now, nothing a tot of whiskey wont make well.

Looks like its time to quit the shirt tie for the winter

get the knitted sweaters out :D
Knitted sweaters, courdoroy pants, knitted beanies, and 3 layer parkas oh yeah:)crybaby: Say it aint so). Oh well I guess I'll have get through the winter by pelting folks with snow balls.:D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
Knitted sweaters, courdoroy pants, knitted beanies, and 3 layer parkas oh yeah:)crybaby: Say it aint so). Oh well I guess I'll have get through the winter by pelting folks with snow balls.:D
Oh come on give me some credit

My wife keeps me stylish

Cashmere darling

I dont own anything corduroy

I do own converse all stars though :D

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
You know, I went out to connecticut last weekend, 5 days, to see my cousin get married. Just got back home and BAM, a runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches, coughs, and a fever of 99.5. I've been half asleep all day.

I hate colds too...

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Oh come on give me some credit

My wife keeps me stylish

Cashmere darling

I dont own anything corduroy

I do own converse all stars though :D
I was being serious. A nice pair of "cords" with the right boots, and sweater, freshly shaved, with the right accessories and you can pull some major attention. I haven't had any ALL*Stars in a while but I'm thinking about buying a black leather pair.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
addison_ii said:
I was being serious. A nice pair of "cords" with the right boots, and sweater, freshly shaved, with the right accessories and you can pull some major attention. I haven't had any ALL*Stars in a while but I'm thinking about buying a black leather pair.

IM only 48 you know!

Im not a granded yet

I'lll stick to the knitted jumpers with levis

Some days i go into the office like that, if im not seeing clients, that place gets so damn cold!

Wearing a suit is useless to keep you warm.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Huh...I don't think I've ever even friggin touched Cashmere...just a po' country boy, blue jeans and tshirts.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spyder said:
Huh...I don't think I've ever even friggin touched Cashmere...just a po' country boy, blue jeans and tshirts.
:yup: same here, must be nice to have all that stuff. probably why im sick, cant afford no warm clothes. spent it all on that Cadillac. i just dont have my priorities straight. ill get over this eventually, get one of the er docs to perscirbe me a z pack and ill be good. i just hope this one isnt as bad as my last one.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
send me a case of those Z-packs...would have saved me many 3-hour doctor visits when I knew just what was wrong with me and they wouldn't listen. :) I knew I should have brought back a couple of them from mexico last year...

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spyder said:
send me a case of those Z-packs...would have saved me many 3-hour doctor visits when I knew just what was wrong with me and they wouldn't listen. :) I knew I should have brought back a couple of them from mexico last year...

advantages of working in a hospital. 3 hours?!?! for a doctor? man mine last maybe about 45 minutes to an hour, and thats checking in and everything. now an er visit i can believe 3 or more hours but a regular doctor visit? damn that sucks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
i hate em i hate em i hate em. got one back in the end of April which turned into bronchitis which turned into walking pneumonia which triggered a bunch of other health problems. i have been sick since i got that cold in April with a bunch of other illnesses thanks to that damned walking pneumonia and finally got over everything. well for two weeks anyway. i felt great, went in for my sixth month check up last thursday and all was well, life was good. well ill be damned if i dont have another cold :rant2:. this sucks, i hate colds.
I hope you Feel Better. I have a slight case of bronchitis now. It sucks. breathing problems that come along with it..

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TSXBabe said:
I hope you Feel Better. I have a slight case of bronchitis now. It sucks. breathing problems that come along with it..
hate that for ya. i have chronic bronchitis so whenever i get a cold i get it too. it is all part of a cold for me. well hope you get better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts