Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first of all i dont hear of any one in here with a head unit after markert upgrade on sevilles 97 and up. I fear that there is not an dash kit available due to the curved shape and face of the radio and console. Any other recomendations other than an installer making a custom kit with ABS plastic or the like?

Cmon stereo tweeks show me some LUV!!

Appreciated
SLS LUV

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
http://www.installer.com/kits/

Bad news. If Metra doesn't make it, I dunno who does. You probably will need a custom-made dash adapter kit.

I'm going to move this thread over to infotainment for you so more people with the right knowledge will see it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
SLS LUV said:
OK first of all i dont hear of any one in here with a head unit after markert upgrade on sevilles 97 and up. I fear that there is not an dash kit available due to the curved shape and face of the radio and console. Any other recomendations other than an installer making a custom kit with ABS plastic or the like?

Cmon stereo tweeks show me some LUV!!

Appreciated
SLS LUV
The closest you are going to get and still preserve a semi stock look is the 96-99 Deville kit. Interesting note: CarTunes says this same kit fits the 96-97 Seville w/bose, but even they couldn't figure out how to stabilize the radio without modifying it. :annoyed: The bottom line is that the kit fits the dash size perfectly, but there are 4 studs on the side of the stock radio (or maybe it's 2...) that stabilize the radio in the dash. You are going to have to fabricate a stabilizer bar to hold the radio in place, otherwise, the radio just flops around in the slot. You'll see what I mean once you remove the stock radio and take a look at it. This cost me 2 hours of labor. :banghead: Not cheap. This guy's a friend of mine and if there was a cheaper way, he would have done it. BUT if you're handy at bending and drilling steel you'll save yourself some money. If you have a bose system I found some electrical gremlins you're gonna want to be aware of before you begin the install. Let me know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They had to build one for mine

·
Registered
137 Posts
Best Kits makes an OEM fit radio mount to fit a din size head unit into. It fits all Cadillacs with the "oval" radio. The kit is textured black plastic so you may need to cover it in glazing putty sand it smooth and paint it first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Slick Black Cadillac