Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sort of. They've been ordered. If anyone has been following this saga, hopefully this time there won't be any problems.

They should be on by the end of the week. :) I for one can't friggin wait.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cruiser Alloy 903mb

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
what size? and what are they going on?

sorry, i'm comming out of my usual spot in the CTS forums...

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For many reasons I stayed with the factory size, 17's. They're going on the 01 DTS

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Light Bronzmist Metallic, AKA Cashmere. Paint code 54U

Reason I stayed with the 17's include

I just bought new tires a few months ago. I didn't want to buy new tires again.

The car is going to get lowered and I didn't want clearance problems.

The only other thing I would have done is 18's and there seems to be a HUGE price jump in tires once you go to 18's

So for cost, clearance and simplicity I opted to stay with 17"s

What color's the Deville?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK guys, here they are. Not the best pic of the car but I was excited. I'll get better daytime pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Vewy nice, codewise! They look terrific on your car. I'll bet they give a smoother ride, as well. I know it can be a tough call getting rims that compliment (rather than detract from) the lines of a Caddy. And the choices of style! Oye! It' enough to make a grown man cry in frustration and agonize over whether or not they made the right call.

It is far also too easy to go bigger than one should - and you held the line on a size/style that looks just right for the vintage of Cad you have.

Well done!

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Frost, that's a huge compliment. You're oh so right. I can not believe how difficult it is and I'm still saying, am I sure?

This morning when I took the dog out I looked and wanted to feel my first impression after sleeping on it. I think I did the right thing.

Thanks for the compliments, it means a lot :)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm not many comments. Maybe everyone hates them.

·
Registered
97 Lac Deville
204 Posts
u want sum opinions.... i dont really like it, if i would buy sum rims i would at least get 20's. i would seen like a waste of money to me to buy sum 17's unless they were vogue rims, thats the only way i would go that small with aftermarket rims. i would have just stuck with the stock rims n spent my money on vogue tyres or i would have gone with sum 84z pokin out...but thats just my opinion, i kno u most likely love it n think that ur car is the shit.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL you can tell me you hate it. We already know that our opinions and tastes differ greatly. That's cool man. We all have our own style.

I don't necessarily think my car is the $hit but I try to make it look the best I can according to my tastes and the crowd I hang out with.

I respect your opinion.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think they look pretty small, but overall they do look good. I wouldn't have expected them to flow with that body color but it does work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They look very nice, indeed. I imagine they would look stunning on a black DTS.
And kudos for not going with a larger size. Larger wheels may look good, but I don't think the penalties in ride quality and braking performance are worth it if you drive the car every day.
Just my opinion - take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a more presentable shot of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm sure we are looking at one of the prime contenders for the next calendar!

Codewise, will you have the engine compartment areas (engine cover) painted up/detailed soon? Maybe you've already posted and I missed it, but I was hoping to see the finished product.

They are going for a 3 picture layout this year and I plan on going with a 3/4 pan as the main pic and then have the engine bay and interior as the two secondary shots.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The engine cover is done. I'm waiting on the fuse box cover and the airbox cover. Here's the engine cover. I did a highly reflective silver / aluminum base inlay with the body color on the face surfaces. Then I did the lettering in the 06 + style without the red 32v part.

The pic kind of makes the body color look flat but it's not. I'll get some good shots when it's all done.

I wonder why the others showed up as links and this went inline. I never understood that.?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Who knows the inner workings of al things related to computers, ESPECIALLY when it comes to attaching snaps? I sure as Hell don't!

Your finished product looks hot with that two-toned paint scheme, Codewise. If I had had the newer engine cover, I'd have gone that dual colour route as well - it looks alot cleaner than the '97 vintage Deville cover, what with the grooving along the top of the cover. Maybe I should see if the newer style would fit my engine and then redo it, using my body colour (silvermist metallic) on the indented parts and dark montana blue (my interior colour) for the large, flat areas.

In any event, I used my body colour on the engine cover, front plastic shroud, rad overflow tank, strut brace, both front body braces and the airbox/snorkle assembly.. Replacing the back.silver emblem/wreath is the newer arts/science logo, done up in silver/chrome. I believe it was originally intended for a wheel cover!

Unfortunately, the type of paint I used hasn't held up very well to the rigors - and heat - under the hood. I'll have to redo it this winter, perhaps using a more robust product!

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks great too!

LOL yeah I had this done at a body shop so it should hold up. We're considering fine lining the edges of the color transition in black as well. Just a small thin line where the colors meet but only around the indents, not along the front and rear edges. That's still up for discussion.

I choose to leave the rad cover black only because black fits into the scheme as well. I thought about it long and hard but just ended up leaving it black.

I can't wait until it's all done so I can get the overall effect. :)

Thanks again for the compliments.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts