Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, mind you, I wasn't so upset because it was an Ferrari F430...bright red with chrome stock wheels and tan leather. I was on the 101 freeway on Sunday cruising with roof open, windows down to a friends house when outa nowhere I HEAR this thing go by me doing about 80.

The killer instinct in me immediately hit the auto up windows and downshifted to 3rd and was on his ass. :) He was about to get his ass handed to him. Uh, Yeah. Riiight. :histeric:

We start going in through traffic with me behind him, and as soon as it clears up, I cut left and he cut right around a car in front of us. I hit no traffic, and hit got stuck for a moment only to see him flick the car right again and then steps on it. I'm already going full bore when he comes streaking by me, all red and allll soooound. My god. The SOUND. I'm sorry, NOTHING sounds like Ferrari at full boil. It was LOUD too. We kept going (in fact, I missed two exits :) ), and eventually got off, me turning right and him left. As I was behind him coming downthe offramp, he paddle shifted that thing down a couple gears. I could tell it was an F1 tranny because no one can blip and downshift that smoothly. And, again, the souuuund as he downshifted...this blatty, high pitched burble...damn. I wet myself again. Anyway, I looked over and he gave me the thumbs up and I returned one too.

I was surprised I was at least able to keep pace with him! So, if I had to go down, I'm glad it was by that beast at least. :yup:

Ladis

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great story, I'd be happy to get crushed by an F430. At $240,000 and 490 horse and 0-60 under 4 seconds, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'd have to guess their top speed approaches 200 mph, maybe a little more.

I know what you mean about the sound too. A friend of mine has a Lamborghini Diablo and every time I go out cruising with the exotic group, I wish I'd been wearing latex :eyebrow:. Whenever he hits that accelerator, the sound is indescribable. It's almost like the car is talking.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
You gotta love it when someone buys a ferrari and uses it for what it was intended to do. Not too long ago I was walking to the train in NYC and herd an engine. Waiting, waiting its getting louder and louder. I'm looking all around the a 360 Challange Stradilfe (sp) is now sitting at the light. That guy I swear red lined it. I never herd something scream so loud. Lucky you!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was next to a Maranello on Hempstead Tpke. as he hammered it past me and down the exit ramp to Meadowbrook Pkwy. I swear the thing wailed like a banshee. The most frightening yet beautiful engine sound ever. :holycrap:

-Mike

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was sitting in a bar talking to Miss Florida 1985. Great conversation and no she wouldn't go back to my place. Kinda the same thing. I don't mind getting crushed by a superior model. :lildevil:

·
Registered
753 Posts
CVP33 said:
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was sitting in a bar talking to Miss Florida 1985. Great conversation and no she wouldn't go back to my place. Kinda the same thing. I don't mind getting crushed by a superior model. :lildevil:
I would be happy just to smell the exhaust of an F430. I'm not sure what the equivalent experience would be with Miss Florida.:sneaky:

CR

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
crowan said:
I would be happy just to smell the exhaust of an F430. I'm not sure what the equivalent experience would be with Miss Florida.:sneaky:

CR

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Oh no he didn't. Oh YES he did! Come look kids the anology (or is it a metaphor) went one post too far!

I'll fell out of my chair on this one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. That was ****ing hysterical. Defintely top 3 liners of the year. Possibly number one. Its safe to say I was his muse? :confused: ;)

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
I tried to get a Scaglietti to have a go with me, not that I thought I had a prayer...I just wanted to see (and hear) that work of beauty run away from me. But no dice man! (I love the smell of oily Ferrari exhaust)

·
Registered
241 Posts
ya, gotta love the sound of Ferraris. My dad has a 95 512M with a Catless Tubi Exhaust system. OMG the sound is sooooo sweet.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
On the way home from work one day, in bumper to bumper traffic something loud an burbly rolled up behind me in the GN. It was dark, and my windows are tinted so dark all I could see was headlights, not the car. At first I was irritated because I thought it was some obnoxious ricer with a Boxer 4 dumping the exhaust out right at the turbo. But when he revved it I knew it was something different. I couldn't see what it was until he hung a right turn at the light (I was going left) and he laid into it. It was an F430 and it was LOUD. I couldn't believe it - could they be that loud stock (surely this guy couldn't have an aftermarket exhaust system on his 1/4-million dollar car)? I guess they really are that loud. I was honored to have been revved at.

Jim

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The Tubi exhaust on this car has an absolutely beautiful sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts