Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V/'99 Deville Concours
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hhmmpphh.....try $7500.00. Thats the quote from my insurance company approved bodyshop. That left rear quarter is beyond fixing. Gotta be replaced. The door? Well the electronics work fine, but the outer skin needs replacing, at least. Seems to drive just fine. But I'm concerned about the rear alignment. Its in the shop now for 2 weeks. Don't let anybody tell you the CTS does'nt save lives. That thing hit me doing about 30, impaled me on its fender and dragged me about 100 feet before it was able to stop. I walked away sore and with what I think is a pinched nerve. Other than that, I'm good. Can't even imagine what would have happened if I'd been in a Toyonda Camcord

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
hhmmpphh.....try $7500.00. Thats the quote from my insurance company approved bodyshop. That left rear quarter is beyond fixing. Gotta be replaced. The door? Well the electronics work fine, but the outer skin needs replacing, at least. Seems to drive just fine. But I'm concerned about the rear alignment. Its in the shop now for 2 weeks. Don't let anybody tell you the CTS does'nt save lives. That thing hit me doing about 30, impaled me on its fender and dragged me about 100 feet before it was able to stop. I walked away sore and with what I think is a pinched nerve. Other than that, I'm good. Can't even imagine what would have happened if I'd been in a Toyonda Camcord
i know people. what kind of a garbage truck is this, looks like they thought ur car was garbage. obviously they were wrong. bast*rds

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL...chill man. Chill. NYC, so I'm sure its one of those Mob trucking companies. They do need to be seen though.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS - 2005
93 Posts
A GARBAGE TRUCK!!?? I remember being told (many years ago) that the only vehicles allowed to hit a Rolls Royce Had to be a Bentley or better. Surely a Cadillac deserves the same consideration. A GARBAGE TRUCK!!??

·
Registered
03 CTS
359 Posts
That's all bad, good thing your ok. Was that the first quote that you got? You will find that it will go up once they take it apart. I hope the the rear cradle wasn't twisted or anything, your whole drive train could be messed up if it isn't put back right.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I don't know how much alum is under these cars; but, as another member said, check rear cradle, spindles, wheels, etc--on both sides. A friend of mine had his MB hit on left side fender. Wheels on both sides cracked. Sounds like adjuster has included suspension parts. Belted tires used to fail soon after a hit like that. I am not sure if radials fail in an accident like yours.

Life is tough. Hope you do well; it could have been worse.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no doubt. In fact, I plan to drive over to the shop some time this week and see exactly what the repairs involve beyond the cosmetic things. I'll be vexed if this thing does'nt drive straight when I get it back. Thats the thing see, this is a repair shop co-signed by the insurance co. The insurance companys' adjuster is working right there in the shop with them. I'd hate for them to put some bulljive halfassed fix on the thing if they know it should have been totalled because of the driveline components being compromised.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
You sure dent wizzard can't fix that?

Seriously though, an approved shop can be good and bad. Good because they will warranty the repairs. But, make sure they are putting OEM parts on and NOT aftermarket if you can. That's one way they try to skimp. And, when you're done, don't forget about your diminished value. They need to pay that to you too.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Many moons ago, when I lived in Rhinebeck, NY, the local garbage pick up was contracted out to individuals. These guys made big $$. Garbage man reported $60k in 1964. I remember how proud he was of his truck. He had the front of it adorned with plastic flowers, flower pots, necklaces, washboards, and other unusual assundries. Hopefully, you didn't damage anything like this, did you? I mean these guys were as proud of their trucks as we are of our Caddies. We were in school, and we used to joke that maybe we should become garbage men--esp for that kind of money 43 years ago.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That truck di'nt have a scratch. I mean nothing, nada. It would be like you killing a fly. My car being the fly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dunno, is it me, or do these caddies seem to attract accidents? Maybe I'm hypersensitive to it because I'm a caddy freak. This Esco got mashed out by a fire truck on my block tonite. The freakin' fire truck is blaring sirens, speeding thru a red light. I witnessed this. This kid in the Escalade never saw it coming. He had the right of way. He survived. All i saw was half the teeth in his mouth falling out. Poor kid. Let me tell you, the inside of that Esco looked like a baloon store, because all the airbags deployed. Saved his life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts