Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday afternoon in the rain, there it was a Platinum V. I was in my truck, don't drive the V in the rain. This is the first one I have seen, other than mine since I bought mine last Dec. I've been told that someone has a Red one in the other end of town from me. I would think this makes the V the rarest car in town. Friend has SRT8, another in next block. BMW's all over. Bentley just opened a dealership. Porsches are all over as well. Odd Ferrari and Lambo as well. There is even an STSV in my neighbourhood just no V's.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
First one, huh? You think they were just passing through?

Still amazes me how rare these cars are.

Guy at the body shop where my car car a new bumper asked me if it was "custom bumper." :eek:

·
Registered
Platinum CTS-V
145 Posts
Hah! Yeah, I get shit like that too...

Them - "nice car"
Me - "thanks"
Them - "so you put on the aftermarket grille?"

:thepan:

I can't believe how both you guys have quoted exactly the same thing i've heard. does everyone hear that???

·
Registered
Maggie'd 05 CTS-V
279 Posts
As I was rolling into town from Seattle with my imported V, I came upon another V. Well he caught up to me and I had to let him see what the car's got. I left his 07 V in the rear view a couple times. We chatted breifly at a set of lights and then I had to turn off.

Very first drive in the car and another V rolls up beside me, drove the car for 2 weeks after that (including a romp to edmonton) and never saw another.

I'm curious what neighborhood you're talking about? Work schedule willing I'd like to either get a Dyno run under the belt for this car, or take it to a Secret Street night at race city... prefer a dyno as I'm still no pro at handling all this power.

PS. I've got the good kinda whine, the kind from under the hood not the diff :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Douglasdale and work in Foothills. I drive back and forth on Barlow. The STSV guy is same. I can actually hear when people are running at Race City.
Where are you located?
There is a fellow from Edmonton that had a maggie installed on his car. Davenport was going to dyno tune it but ran into some problems. Not sure what but I have some customers that have had them install maggies on an H2 Hummer and an Avalanche and they are happy.

·
Registered
Maggie'd 05 CTS-V
279 Posts
I'm over in Evergreen. Bought the car with the maggie and Stealth V tune already installed along with a new 06 diff and some BMR goodies, short throw shifter.... But I work out of town (oilfield) and drive a pos Chev Beretta to and from site (when not in a company truck). There's another Infared in town for sale (an 05 for $46k)

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
First one, huh? You think they were just passing through?

Still amazes me how rare these cars are.

Guy at the body shop where my car car a new bumper asked me if it was "custom bumper." :eek:
At my local gas station - "Man, that car is beautiful! Is it the sports model?"

·
Registered
Silver 04V Kooks,Corsa,UUC S.Shifter/Bushings, Badass Driver
171 Posts
never see any other V's and and im always getting wierd looks from old men. only had the car for a few days, def a money ride. looked at the M3 and s4, glad i got the V.

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V - Maggie'd
550 Posts
I've only seen a *couple* in Portland. One was at the Airport, where we were both getting on the freeway, sitting at the light. He told me about his troubles - fixing this and that - I just nodded and smiled. Then, blew his doors off on the on-ramp :D

·
Registered
2003 CTS, 2006 CTS-V
65 Posts
I saw 2 V's in town here on the same day earlier this summer. No street sightings before or since. Plus the V from Grand Prairie at Southgate getting maggied, makes 3 altogether.

My brother lives in Douglasdale (or Douglas-something-) just past the 7-11, after exiting Deerfoot.

Still waiting on Davenport to get their stuff together, in the meantime I'm going to call Campbell Automotive in Edmonton as soon as the guy gets back from vacation. They are my best bet around here.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
4doorGTZ
Did you buy the car from a member? I have a Corsica I bought cheap years ago for my oldest daughter. Now youngest is driving it. Just had to drive it the other day and noticed muffler almost falling off, wired it up. Low cost mods! It is like a rolling laundry bin inside! But it still runs.
With Slaigher, there are 3 of us from Alberta on the forum. Maybe more?
Slaigher, yep your brother is in Douglasdale.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Hey I just saw 7 V's including mine and 4 of the V's including mine again pulled into D&B in Hollywood FL together...:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CSP300
No fair, you are cheating!
Yesterday I was parked next to a nice Pontiac Solitice, when old guy like me went to get in, I complimented him on his car. He thanked me and drove off. No clue as to what I was driving!
Inside sales guy at a supplier of mine is familiar with the car. He just bought a Mustang GT so is a bit of a car guy. PS, There is a 2007 GT500 in local paper for sale for $67,000 CDN, I thought they were going for more than that and had a waiting list??

·
Registered
Maggie'd 05 CTS-V
279 Posts
Wow, maybe we have enough to start a Calgary or Alberta thread in the Canada section :)

I bought the car from Bellevue WA, from what I can tell he wasnt a member but knows "SeattleCTSV"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts