Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah! I finally found a 2006 black with 4k miles on it. It also has the black and red interior. WOW! I had no idea they were that fast until I was at 80 and punched it. It dropped a gear and all I know is it didn't take very long at all to be in tripple digits.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Yeah! I finally found a 2006 black with 4k miles on it. It also has the black and red interior. WOW! I had no idea they were that fast until I was at 80 and punched it. It dropped a gear and all I know is it didn't take very long at all to be in tripple digits.:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
Congrats my friend! You will find that the STS-V is a great car all around and the info you will find here will also be very helpful in answering any questions you may have.

SG

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
I have the exact same car as yours (2006, black with black and red interior). You will absolutely LOVE this car more and more every day.

Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V
128 Posts
Congrats.....can i ask where you got it and how much...i am in the process of looking for one.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Congrats, another Black Raven to the list!

·
Registered
403 Posts
:welcome: What a car. I like the red tango ones. This car kinda grows on you i think. If youre excited now wait a few months....you still cant wait to get behind the wheel. Better than a E55 IMO. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats.....can i ask where you got it and how much...i am in the process of looking for one.
In Atlanta you can find 2006's with under 10k ranging anywhere from 50,000 to 55,000. Watch out for the "GM buy backs" that are out there. They fell under the lemon law for some reason or another and were fixed by GM and are being re-sold. But they have to disclose that. I found 3 of those.
Classic Cadillac in Sandy Springs GA. has a nice 2006 STS-V black on black with 5.5k miles and they are asking 54,000 and 55,000 certified. I almost bought it when i found this one with the black and red interior.

·
Registered
403 Posts
In Atlanta you can find 2006's with under 10k ranging anywhere from 50,000 to 55,000. Watch out for the "GM buy backs" that are out there. They fell under the lemon law for some reason or another and were fixed by GM and are being re-sold. But they have to disclose that. I found 3 of those.
Classic Cadillac in Sandy Springs GA. has a nice 2006 STS-V black on black with 5.5k miles and they are asking 54,000 and 55,000 certified. I almost bought it when i found this one with the black and red interior.[/quote

You got that right. They bought mine back and the dealer took it to auction. Platinum w/ gray with 1200 miles. I live in Metro Atl also, havnt seen any of our car out there on the road yet. I'll look for you.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Someday, man!!!

I am waiting for my Metro to conk out. For a 3 cyl, this ain't bad. I tried to kill a CTS V last week, but I missed first, and he lost me.

·
Registered
Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS
536 Posts
Someday, man!!!

I am waiting for my Metro to conk out. For a 3 cyl, this ain't bad. I tried to kill a CTS V last week, but I missed first, and he lost me.
:tisk: Keep abusing those squirrels under your Metro's hood by racing V's and you're going to get some serious grief from PETA.

Thanks for the chuckle, man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
62 Posts
Classic Cadillac in Sandy Springs GA. has a nice 2006 STS-V black on black with 5.5k miles and they are asking 54,000 and 55,000 certified. I almost bought it when i found this one with the black and red interior.[/quote

You got that right. They bought mine back and the dealer took it to auction. Platinum w/ gray with 1200 miles. I live in Metro Atl also, havnt seen any of our car out there on the road yet. I'll look for you.

So why did you trade your back in with the low miles?
Can someone please explain in more detail why I should "Beware of GM Buy Back plan"?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't trade mine back in. I traded a 2002 Honda S2000 in on my first and only STS-V. I never bought the first one I found because it had a solid black interior and i wanted the black and red interior.

The buyback happened before I bought it, not after. History of my car:
GM dealer couldn't sell it in time: GM buys it back: GM auctions it at GM auction in Orlando: Local Atlanta dealer picks it up at a used car price: I bought it, a brand new STS-V for a used car price and I am the first owner on the title.
Pro's and con's to doing this??
Pro's:
new car at used car price, GM takes the derpreciation.
I was able to take advantage of a certified program and factory warrenty it for 6/100k since it was technically a used car.

Con's:
You don't get to take advantage of 0.0% financing or anything below a standard used car loan which is around 8% now

In the end it works out to saving around 10k all said and done. Either you pay 77k up front and get 0.0% or you pay 50 something and pay 8% interest to the bank and end up paying around 70k by the end of the loan.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was referring to a GM re purchase due to a failed engine. They re built the engine and sent it to auction. They have to disclose that as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts