Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
'05 V, '16 ATS-4 2.0
86 Posts
Re: New badge inserts arrived!

Do the front and rear flags come out of the crest emblems as easily as they come out of the V badges? I did the V badges earlier this year, but didn't do the crests - didn't realize he had those, too, until a couple months after I had ordered.
Yes they do, I worked a sharp razor blade into the corner to get it up, then worked the rest off with a small flat head driver. Got the grille one off in one piece even. The tiny one on the trunk is just like the Vs, but a bit more difficult to clean. The grille is a little different; there is no solid backer behind it, rather vertical bars with gaps in between and solid on the sides. I was a little worried about adhesion, but I put a little extra Loctite Spray Adhesive on that one and didn't have an issue. The new inserts conformed to the contour very easily as well.

· Registered
2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black
917 Posts
Re: I finally fixed my faded V badges :)

I've been meaning to plastidip all my badges. They're old and it would match the rest of the car. If I hadn't gone the black-all-the-things route, I would get these. Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
2004 CTS-V Black on Black
58 Posts
V emblems fading, what to do?

All my V emblems are fading. My car is black. I could remove them, black them out, or replace them. Anyone know where to get a front grill cadillac emblem for a reasonable price? Would a newer style emblem mount on there the same?

Thanks

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
Re: V emblems fading, what to do?

All my V emblems are fading. My car is black. I could remove them, black them out, or replace them. Anyone know where to get a front grill cadillac emblem for a reasonable price? Would a newer style emblem mount on there the same?
Merged with an older thread that has some pics of the inserts a number of us have gotten from the link Vindictive posted. Note that there's really nothing on the guy's website - all of his samples "muscle car" items are Mopar stuff. Just send him a note telling him you want the V badge/flag inserts and he'll set you up. You can also do custom designs, if you don't want to just copy the factory colors.

· Registered
2004 CTS-V
125 Posts
I did the custom badges in a carbon fiber look. They're on a silver car. I don't like them as much as I thought I would. But still better than really faded stock emblems. The ones I got are the peel and stick over your current ones. They fit really well and clean. Sit flush with the badge. I think they cost me about $30 for the set of 5 pieces.

· Registered
2004 CTS-V
125 Posts
Sorry I forgot all about this post. I never took pictures of them installed. All I can tell you is the carbon fiber pattern does not like like real carbon fiber material. It looks more like a prism of diamond shaped lines over dark grey. As you move around the car you see the lines giving it the appearance of it going from lighter to darker grey. It doesn't even look good if you're going for the blackout look. I went back t my original emblems. I'm getting new inserts that look factory or just removing the V's off the car.

· Registered
2005 Cts-V
10 Posts
I currently have those carbon fiber overlays on my v. They were just on there when I got the car. I have been looking at rebadgedesign for so long though. I think I'm going to get a set from him, all black with the chrome lining. He produces some really crazy custom variations and quality looks great from what I can tell. Has anyone had these on for years at a time? My question is really, does anyone know how they hold up in heat and sun?

· Registered
2007 CTS V, 1 7/8" Kooks, Magnaflow Exhaust w/ X pipe
17 Posts
Just emailed rebadge, gonna see if he can do this like the original post with a mono chrome scheme. Cant wait to swap out my faded badges. Thanks for the info on 8th day creations, I was looking at them too.

· Registered
10 Posts
Interesting, I assume eBay? Looked at getting one of those mesh grill inserts, how hard was that to install?
ReBadge Design & Graphics they have pre made customs or you can have them go full custom and tell them what you want...

The grille is stock for the V, but is most likely interchangeable will require you to remove the front bumper cover to swap grille

back to emblem inlay that took an hour or so to do... pop out old sensor with edge of a razor blade, alcohol a rag and plastic scraper for old glue, once clean you peel and stick new inlay...

so simple i may change out once a year lol

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
Rebadge designs is a fantastic company with killer customer service.

I did my emblems quite a while back, and they still look amazing today. I went with a subdued deployment flag, and had the flags made so they are all oriented in the correct direction when deployed. Took some time, but the result was spectacular.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

-Byron

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.