Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2005 SILVER CTS V
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picture of 2 stock inlays removed and the new and improved inlay on top. :)

I also went ahead and ordered a custom power plant badge

If anyone else is tired of their faded badges I got mine from Nathan at Rebadge Designs Inc.

http://www.rebadgedesign.com/home

http://www.rebadgedesign.com/home/photos/muscle-gallery/

Very good guy. and the price is almost nothing considering what you are fixing. Sure Beats paying 90 for a stock badge

It also beats waiting on 8th day creation Stickers for about a month some times and not hearing anything back from them as well.

He can make anything.

Hope to see some badass fixed badges. :judge:

** to remove the stock inlay. Use one razor to raise the top right corner, then another razor to slice off the glue attaching it. This will ruin the stock inlay so there is NO GOING BACK.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
Re: I finally fixed my faded V badges :)

I need to do the same thing, mine are looking pretty sad. I'm confused by your pics, though - did you get one that's blacked out (except for the red block), or does it just look that way in the photos?

· Registered
05 CTS-V and 06 CTS
69 Posts

so it's not a full badge replacement? the previous owner of my car thought it would be a good idea to de-badge it and i'd like to put them back on but dont feel like paying 75 each for oem. i'm looking for a cheaper alternative (i bought some chinese ones from ebay but they were half the size)

· Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,917 Posts

Thanks for the post.....

I went to the site....but couldn't find the V badges....only pages of MOPAR stuff.....

Am I missing a link on there?

· Registered
237 Posts

I need to do the same thing, mine are looking pretty sad. I'm confused by your pics, though - did you get one that's blacked out (except for the red block), or does it just look that way in the photos?
Mine are looking pretty crappy as well. Little embarrassed to have it look like that on the V. Also disappointed in the craftsmanship of the badge as I have the car since new and it has been stored in the garage the entire time.... this could be a interesting solution.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts

I ordered a set of 3 from Rebadge Design and put them on the car while we had an unseasonably warm day on Sunday. Very easy to install, and a huge improvement over my horribly faded stock inserts.

The stock inserts can be popped out with a razor blade. I'm not sure how dead civic managed to get his out intact - all 3 of mine broke, but obviously I didn't care since I was replacing them.

You can see the blob of adhesive residue in the first picture. On all 3 of mine, using the razor blade to pop up the upper right corner (the red part) worked well, and you can see that the adhesive was in the center of the insert, so either corner is free.

I asked for the new inserts in the stock colors, but they're really not the same as stock. As you can see in the attached pics (one pic next to my faded stock badge, one pic next to a brand new badge on a car at the local dealer), the new inserts have a more metallic look to them. The difference in the yellow is probably the most noticeable when you have them side-by-side, with the new yellow being a bit brighter and more metallic. So, if you're really looking for a stock replacement, then you'd need to talk to the guy @ Rebadge about reworking the colors a bit. In my case, these are close enough, and look way better than what I had, so I'm happy with them as they are.
Material property Window Vehicle Glass Emblem

Vehicle Car Red Emblem Badge

No real tricks to the install. Pry the old one out with a razor blade, scrape off the old adhesive with the razor blade, clean the surface with some rubbing alcohol, then put the new insert in place. I held it firmly in place for about 30sec just to ensure it set well.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts

There's no link on his site specifically for these badges (or any other badges, for that matter), just send him an email using the Contact on his page and tell him what you want. It took him a few days to get back to me.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts

No, but the thought has occurred to me. I'd like to try to find a used grille at the junkyard to see if the grille emblem is the same sort of 2-piece construction. I actually had forgotten about the one on the 3rd brake light.

· Registered
2007 CTS-V 47k miles,CORSA Exhaust,Acc. Wheels, RIP '04 V
64 Posts

Wish I would have seen this before I bought 2 new V badges and a new Cadillac emblem for the front from Luke @ Lindsay!! Just couldn't stand the way it looked anymore.

· Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,134 Posts

I could you a new set on the sides. These look pretty good.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
Re: New badge inserts arrived!

Do the front and rear flags come out of the crest emblems as easily as they come out of the V badges? I did the V badges earlier this year, but didn't do the crests - didn't realize he had those, too, until a couple months after I had ordered.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.