Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Ride. Noticeable power increase from my SLS. Interior was nice in quality if not in design. Car handled considerably better than my SLS and this SRX didnt have Magnetic Ride control. There was a buzzing vibration throughout the test drive coming from the windshield, the salesman was sweating pretty heavy about it. When we got out it was a piece of loose tape at the top of the windshield, he made me drive it again to prove that was the noise. Things I didnt like. No power tilt/telescoping wheel available. better wheel choices, maybe something like a sport package with 19's and some different trim. Third row seat is a joke, dont even bother. Other than that I liked it alot, in a few short weeks Ill finally make my decision. I had at one point put a deposit on an '04 X5, but i got that back when the guy wouldnt agree to sell at MSRP(weird), but the choice is still down to SRX-8 vs. X5 4.4i.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Damn Brett, I though the X5 was a done deal? The SRX IS a pretty nice vehicle though. I haven't actually been in one yet so I can't say for sure but I am still LOVIN' the Aviator. Did you ever drive one of them? The 4.6 w/5speed trans pulls pretty good once it's off the line (same as the Marauder), and the third row seat actually is pretty roomy.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the aviator i drove handled to truck-like. whereas, the X5 and SRX both handle like sedans. Of course, you might ask if I want sedan handling why dont I buy a sedan and to be honest I havent figured that one out yet. The HUGE sunroof on the SRX is a pretty big selling point with my wife, and considering she's gonna still be driving her 3 yr old Alero for a while, and the SRX is more than double the price of her car, it would be good to have her on board with whatever I buy.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing I want to add is that pictures do not do this car justice. I saw it on speed tv over the weekend and thought it looked horribly blocky and like a delivery van, but seeing it again in person reminded me how well all the lines come together on this one

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
To be honest, I think the SRX is the best version of the old "Art & Science" theme. The lines work on it. Seeing it in real life at the NY Auto show was reassuring as well. Sharp car.
As for the Aviator, did the one you drove have the stability control package? Mine has it and I'll tell you it reminds me of all the articles I read about the Caddys with Stabili-Trac. You can throw it into turns like a car and it seems to react very neutral and smooth. Bearing in mind what you said though, I can't wait to drive one (the SRX).

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Katshot said:
As for the Aviator, did the one you drove have the stability control package?
Im not sure about that. It just didnt feel right to me for some reason. I'm not knocking your ride, it just wasn't what I was looking for and I'm not really sure why.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
Im not sure about that. It just didnt feel right to me for some reason. I'm not knocking your ride, it just wasn't what I was looking for and I'm not really sure why.
Brett, I'm not taking any offense. I'm just surprised, that's all. I was quite impressed with the Aviator's mix of ride quality and handling. The stability control system SHOULD be able to make a big difference. I've read a lot about cars with similar systems and everyone usually has rave reviews concerning what the systems do for the characteristics of the vehicles they install them in (referring to the same vehicle with/without the system installed). I respect your opinion on this and that's why I said that now I'm very interested in driving the SRX.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the BMW equpped how i want it is $58,845 and the SRX is $55,940. They both have a few options that the other doesn't, its become a very tough decision.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt fit in it very well, cool car though, very fast for what it is. Just not enough room.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how hes had a bunch of old ladies look at it today. Note to sales people, DO NOT say this to a 29yr old male that wants to spend near 60k at your dealership. I know this sounds stupid but it really turned me off.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Brett said:
Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how hes had a bunch of old ladies look at it today. Note to sales people, DO NOT say this to a 29yr old male that wants to spend near 60k at your dealership. I know this sounds stupid but it really turned me off.
Aw man don't let that get to you. :rolleyes: No one my age would buy caddies if they let that get to them.

Be an early adopter and get one! Everyone would be doing double takes at you because you have an awesome ride and plus you'd be able to recline the seats and look out the gaping moonroof at night....pimp brett pimp. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Brett said:
My suggestion is to not let your tastes be changed by either (1) car salesmen, or (2) the interest of other people in the car you drive.

When I was 29 -- and I hate to admit that this was a while ago -- I test-drove a high performance Mustang. As I went around one corner and accelerated from 0-60 mph at a considerable pace, the salesman commented that I would not get very good gas mileage that way. (Doh!)
They just do not reflect you. Only you can do that!

A few years later, I bought the first of two Lincoln Mark VIII's that I drove. Every other driver I saw in one was at least 20 years older than I was, but those were still the best cars I have ever owned, even if the other owners were old-folks.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I went back and drove the SRX and X5 back to back. And I'm going with the X5. Its just more sporty than the SRX. Whats funny is the BMW guy who originally wouldnt agree to MSRP now is offering 1500 off. I did get to drive the fully optioned SRX 1SC and it was pretty cool, Nav, Ultraview, more wood trim, but it still wasnt enough. The X5 really fit me better as well, which is a large consideration for me.

·
Registered
06 STS AWD/00 STS
60 Posts
Well i took my ETC in for service tuesday morning, Oct 7th.So I asked for the keys to the White S R X. I took it for a spin and showed it to a couple of Lexus RX 300 owners. IT had the 260 hp engine. Pretty good kick,for a V-6.I would say they were really speechless.Checking it out big time.The comments were, feels more of a solid sports car feel,not floatie at all , wonderfull response for a V-6. Sunroof Wow! The look is a natural. BUT, the S R X when compared to the Infinity,and the X-5, it does have that sexy appeal to go head to head.Cadillac is trying to turn the the corner with this one.

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Cool! I didn't realize the V6 was already available - I thought the delay was going to be longer. All of the reviews I've seen so far are *very* positive.

So, the V6 was pretty strong, eh? Breakthrough! (like the Cadillac commercials say).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts