Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Q45 has been SOLD to a NICO member. He just needs to fly out from Indianapolis and pick it up.

Yesterday morning yet ANOTHER fuel injector died and I finally just had enough, so I offered and sold it for $1000. In the lifetime of the car, its been through almost four complete sets of injectors. Everything else, mechanically, is rock solid at 171k.

So... I'm moving on. I think I'll keep an eye out for a deal on a 92 Seville STS, LT1 Fleetwood Brougham, Mazda Miata, or Lincoln LS V6 w/manual transmission (notice here that I'm avoiding the Northstar). A 1999 Chrysler 300M would be nice too; its been an absolute joy driving my friend's 2001.

So yeah, I'm down to nothing! After I deliver and drop off this red 300M, I'll be puttering around in my brother's Infiniti G20, which is a pretty crummy car with the automatic.

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
You can buy my '92 Seville. It has 121k miles and is in good shape for a 15 year old car. New air, tires, serpentine belt, battery, etc. It isn't an STS though.

One thing that happened yesterday is the driver side mirror is all cracked. I adjusted it yesterday morning and it was fine. When I left work I noticed it was cracked. I've never had this happen and the lawn people were not at my office so I fail to see how a rock or something could have done this.

·
Registered
1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville
817 Posts
I'm just glad I got to experience it this past May. You had me a tad nervous during the ride around Des Moines, but it was exhilerating as well. :)

Good luck. Mine's for sale, but it may not suit your taste. $4700 takes all.

JRau

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Jesda,

Be careful about picking a 300M, the Chrysler 42LE transmission is even more trouble prone :thehand: than the N* engine, and will cost you $1500 for a rebuild. Plus, there is very little reserve torque capacity, so any mods will really shorten the life of the 42LE. Unless you go for a replacement trans that has been race prepped (Power Demon rings a bell, IIRC a shop was selling built 42LE's under that name). And the 41TE transverse trans is identical in design (except the mounting) and just as bad.

I speak from experience on these units! My previous car (a 1995 Eagle Vision) needed a trans teardown at 21K (bad pump), rebuild at 60K, and another rebuild at 140K (leaked a quart of fluid a week). Other family members have had similar issues with their cars (Mom's 2001 T&C minivan needed trans work done at 75K, my sister's 1996 T&C minivan needed rebuilds at 90K and 120K, Dad's 2005 Pacifica needed a trans repair at 25K that kept it in the shop for a week).

·
Registered
None yet!
1,025 Posts
LOL.
What the hell happened to the van? That thing was nice!

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Does your friend know you are driving his 300M? Man.. I would never let that happen.

I say go for the Miata. The most fun for the buck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ummmm..... hmmmm... this is a tough one.

Any sort of a Nissan/Infiniti with the VQ30/35 DE. It's tough seeing you in anything other than a JDM car, especially a Nissan product. But I must say, out of the cars you listed, the 92 STS would be my first choice but I must suggest a Brougham while I'm at it.

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Speaking as a person of, ahem, size, I'm not sure I'd want a Miata as a daily driver. My boss has one, and I've driven it several times. I'm 6'0, ~220 lbs. and it's a pretty tight fit. I always bang my knees on the steering column. They are fun to drive once you get in, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts